Author Topic: terminal buildings  (Read 7315 times)

newyorkyankees1

terminal buildings
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:17:07 am »
hey guys. i just bought KORD and it has been awesome,most of the time! There are a few exceptions at which point my terminal buildings disappear after arriving at KORD. I recently uninstalled Ultimate terrain X from my computer because it decreased my fps a decent amount. I believe,but am not sure that this is around the time it started to occur but I don't think so. The last 2times it has happened was with the PMDG 737,that may affect it. Also with my QW 757 from time to time departing from KORD my cockpit disappears leaving only 6 gauges and a cockpit without a floor or walls. most of the time the terminals are fine but it seems recently only when I arrive the terminals are gone leaving just the gates.I have read about this common issue on the forums.I DO have my addons menu and couatl options in the addons menu no problem there.I read a past post by creating the .log file but i do not think i did it right.Any help would be great this scenery is awesome but not if you cannot expect any terminal buildings when you have just landed from time to time.  :(

FSX Sp 1 and Sp2
Microsoft Windows 7 64bit professional Sp1
Intel i5-3470 3.2GHz 1155 6M CPU
8GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory
GF GT640 2GB D3 P-E VC

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: terminal buildings
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:27:43 am »
Could you please try with the file attached in this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7875.msg66247#msg66247

Put into the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\common folder, overwriting the one with the same name that should be already there.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:53:09 pm »
Ok thanks I will.Oh BTW I also forgot to mention that sometimes my GSX vehicles also are transparent with only the driver and wheels showing.Will give this file a try though!

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »
Ok I placed the file into the correct location and so far the terminal buildings were there.The only werid issue is that my PMDG 737-900Ng and Ngx have transparent cockpits but the 800,700,600versions are not effected.My other planes like the LevelD 767, QW 757,and PMDG 747 are also fine.The only plane that has a problem is the 737-900Ng andNgx versions for some reason.I will continue to fly into O'Hare to test the fix and keep updating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:40:09 am »
The only werid issue is that my PMDG 737-900Ng and Ngx have transparent cockpits but the 800,700,600versions are not effected.My other planes like the LevelD 767, QW 757,and PMDG 747 are also fine.The only plane that has a problem is the 737-900Ng andNgx versions for some reason.I will continue to fly into O'Hare to test the fix and keep updating.

The only sure thing is, this is nothing related to anything our of products.

It's likely a problem of video memory corruption, perhaps the same issue also caused the previous building disappearance, the updated file posted is not really needed, the stock one supplied works fine, but perhaps users closer to resource exhaustion need it.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:12:49 pm »
the only thing that I think is werid is that the 737-900 only messed up after I put in the new file  ???

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 03:27:28 am »
Sad to say that I just completed a flight from KSFO to find I have no terminals once again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 01:49:30 pm »
the only thing that I think is werid is that the 737-900 only messed up after I put in the new file  ???

It was just a coincidence, I really can't see how that 737 (and ONLY that variant, according to your report) could be affected by something which is strictly related to some tweaks to timings in how we create objects at CYVR.

Sad to say that I just completed a flight from KSFO to find I have no terminals once again.

You can see that by reading the thread were you downloaded that file, that the updated file fixed this problem for everybody else that tested it so far.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 04:34:02 am »
I have flown into KORD a couple times since I inut the new file.Things seem to be okay so far I ended up uninstalling the pmdg 737 becasue it also slowed everything down a bit.Will keep posted

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:47 am »
tried a fresh install of PMDG 737 and multiple flights into KORD and the only problem is with the  PMDG 737 when arriving at KORD.Dont know why?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 10:32:24 am »
It's likely the problem might have something to do with resource exhaustion or even actual fps, so it would manifest more with the more resource hungry airplanes.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 02:10:48 am »
That's a good hypothesis.this is why I  uninstalled flight environment x and lowered my weather to the lowest settings.will not test it further and report back.