Author Topic: CTD Smart Assembly  (Read 6073 times)

18j@msn.com

CTD Smart Assembly
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:29:20 am »
Hello I recently ordered a new computer from Jetline Sim.  After recieving it with FSX ACC pre installed i began to install all of my addons 1 at a time.  While running FSX after each install running a 5 min flight and then restarting the machine prior to my next install.  Once they were all complete I tried running a flight.  However no matter what aircraft I used and or what scenery I used, I kept getting a CTD with a message saying that smart assembly was not installed.  I looked on the forums and it was narrowed down to 3 possibilities, between GSX, PHNL and UT2.  I tried to unistall one then the other, then both, and was still getting the same results.  So I decided to do a complete uninstall of everything and start from scratch.  I am currently going throught the process of trying to test each of the following addons one at a time.  So Far GSX by itslelf has had no issues, I install UT2 and even with GSX no issues.  I start installing each FS Dreamteam scenery one at a time and have no issues untill I get to PHNL.  It immediately starts giving me CTD with a message saying that it needs smart assembly installed.  I tried to again to run FSX and even restart it.  Again same result.  I uninstall PHNL and restart the system, and it works fine now.  Please could you please advise a course of action, and let me know if there is a conflicting file, thanks and have a nice day!

Side note all addons are the most current version.

System Specs

Core I7 3770K OC 4.6

670GTX

1TB Black HD dedicated to FSX

16GB Triton 1866 Memory

125GB SSD for Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

FSX Gold Edition with Accel

REX

Flight 1:

UTX, GEX, UT2

Aerosoft:

FDC, PFE, AES

FS Dream Team:

KORD, KJFK, KLAS, KLAX, PHNL

Flightbeam:

KSFO

Imagine Sim:

KDEN, KCVG, KATL

Flytampa:

KBOS, KTPA

Latin VFR:

KSAN

Overland:

RKSI

Aerosoft:

EGLL

PMDG:

737NGX, 747

Qualtiy Wings:

Level-D 767

Wilco Pub:

CRJ-200

Feel There:

ERJ-145

CLS:

747-200

Please again any help would be much appreciatied, thanks and have a nice day!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:49:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL CTD Smart Assembly
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:48:12 am »
It immediately starts giving me CTD with a message saying that it needs smart assembly installed.  I tried to again to run FSX and even restart it.  

The smartassembly error message doesn't have anything to do with any of our products. It's an error message that is related to .NET programs and, none of our products uses, requires, is affected by .NET in any way.

The UT2 program IS written in .NET so, it's fairly sure the problem is that one.

You are probably mislead into thinking it has something to do with PHNL, but that's just because the problem is related to something AI-related that happens only at PHNL, but it's 100% sure it's UT2, because the smartassembly is something specific only to products written using the .NET framework, and none of our products or modules is.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:50:12 am by virtuali »

18j@msn.com

Re: CTD Smart Assembly
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:53:48 am »
Ok so, I am curious there has to be a way to make it work.  I am assuming that other's have had this problem if "something AI-related that happens only at PHNL."  How do I try to resolve this and or fix the AI error that is causing the error.  Because UT2 is working just fine with all of my other FS DreamTeam products.  Please advise.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:17 pm »
Because UT2 is working just fine with all of my other FS DreamTeam products.

As I've said, you are being mislead thinking the problem might have anything to do with PHNL, just because you see it only there.

But that's normal with AIs: they don't appear exactly in the same places and at the same times of the day, because of the different operators and schedules so, if the AI model with the problem only appears at PHNL, you would see a problem at PHNL only, without this having anything to do with PHNL scenery.

You really need to contact Flight1 support about this, the smartassembly problem is very well known and if you search their forum for "smartassembly", you'll find many results.

18j@msn.com

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 03:50:21 pm »
OK so I did see reading through your forum.. and found something I thought I would try.  It said to donwload and run the arson manager.  We I ran it, it said that it found a corruption DLL and would rename the bad one and replace it. I ran fsx with ut2 and currently its going OK going to try a small flight tonight and see how that goes.  Does that sound like it could be related and a possible solution or am I way off

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 08:49:57 am »
I'm not sure what you are referring to. If, with "arson manager" you mean the Addon Manager installer, perhaps you were saying it found a corrupted DLL.XML file, so it created a brand new and renamed your old one.

This means, the new fixed DLL.XML now ONLY contains the Addon Manager .DLL module to be loaded at each FSX start, and ALL the reference to other modules you had installed in the DLL.XML are not there anymore, this means any FSX add-on that required them will not work anymore.

This means, the real cause of the problem, was ONE of these other modules, which was CONFLICTING with the UT2 program, most likely a module made with .NET. So, nothing related to any of our products at all but, the Addon Manager installer was able to fix this problem between two different 3rd party modules anyway...

Now, you'll probably have to restore some of your previous entries in the DLL.XML file, taking them from the backup the Addon Manager installer made. Which means the error might eventually reappear but, at least, you would know WHICH one of those modules you have installed caused it. Perhaps it's something you don't even use anymore...