Author Topic: Hawai'i Night Textures Bad - DirectX 11  (Read 4942 times)

MacDac

Hawai'i Night Textures Bad - DirectX 11
« on: March 03, 2013, 06:14:30 pm »
The textures at Honolulu on my full-paid edition do not display properly at night.  It like the grass is now just solid gray and the airfield lights don't work correctly either.  I tried the Kahului airport in trial mode and got the same results there at night.

I am running FSX on a Win7 64-bit, Intel i7-2600~3.4GHz, 10GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6800 2GB video RAM and DirectX 11.

I have been told to turn off "DirectX 10 Preview" but doesn't appear to be an option anywhere in FSX and that makes sense, being that I have DirectX 11.

Is there anything else I can do?  I would buy the other two volumes of Hawai'i airports if I could get this fixed!

Thanks in advance for your help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hawai'i Night Textures Bad - DirectX 11
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:03:28 pm »
I have been told to turn off "DirectX 10 Preview" but doesn't appear to be an option anywhere in FSX and that makes sense, being that I have DirectX 11.

I've replied to you via email so, why you post the same question twice ? First, you surely have the Direct X 10 Preview checkbox, it's in the graphic settings page.

And, you might have DirectX 11, but that doesn't mean anything: if a game supports DX9 or DX10, it WILL run under DX9 or DX10. FSX supports DX9 and DX10, depending how your DX10 option is set. Your card will work in DX11 mode ONLY with games that are written to use DX11.

MacDac

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:51:39 am »
Sorry if the post made you mad, but it was done before I received the e-mail reply and so that others may see the information in the forum and prevent you from having to answer the same question yet again.

I found the "Preview DirectX 10" and unchecked it.  The grass is better, but the runway lights for runway 04R/L are still messed up.  The PAPIs for 04L are extremely bright and the runway edge lights for 04R are so dim you can't even see them on approach.  I have attached a screenshot to show you what I am talking about. (at least I think I have...first time using this forum but the file should be: PHNL rwy 4R.png)

Thanks again for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 12:42:22 pm »
The grass is better, but the runway lights for runway 04R/L are still messed up.  The PAPIs for 04L are extremely bright and the runway edge lights for 04R are so dim you can't even see them on approach. 

That's not a problem of the scenery either. You also must turn OFF the "Bloom" option. Every PAPI in FSX will be too bright with bloom On. And, using DX9, you want to turn off Bloom anyway, because it destroys your frame rate. Under DX10 the impact is not so much, but in DX9 Bloom should be definitely turned off.