Author Topic: KIAH Part 2-Houston Intercontinental Airport  (Read 25719 times)

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
KIAH Part 2-Houston Intercontinental Airport
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:14:35 am »
Ok I am going to quote something Virtiri wrote back in 2010 about KIAH.  Question was:

I have done search and one time saw KIAH in the running for next scenery poll but do not understand the present status. Do you plan anytime in the near future do KIAH (Houston - George W Bush Intl. Airport)? Like many others that are waiting for scenery to be done for their airport, it seems like only the same airports gets done over and over again.  There was only one other time that KIAH was done in an airport bundle called "Real Airports" by Just Flight.

KIAH was recently released by Blueprint Simulations, which I purchased immediately, and was very disappointed. I uninstalled because I like the default much, much better. Is KIAH still on the list anymore and where bouts?

Thanks

wb2002

Response was:

The next two airports that will be released are KLAX and Hawaii Vol. 2, then KMIA later on. After that, everything is possible.

We had a poll recently, and received good feedback for KIAH, but there were a couple of others that got more votes so, it's surely something we can consider making, but it's not in the 1st in line.

virtuali

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3900.0

My question is.  Are you still going to do KMIA?  If not is Houston still on your radar, better yet is it "1st in line" yet?  Considering it is now 2013 and KIAH has still done well in the polls.  If you are going to do a KMIA.  Could you hury up and do it so we can get Houston back on the map?  :P

ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH Part 2-Houston Intercontinental Airport
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:31:13 am »
We already said in the past that we decided against KMIA in the end, because it's too close to KFLL. So, as I've said in a MUCH way recent post (not from 2010 like the one you posted), which dates last week:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7945.msg67117#msg67117

We haven't 100% decided on the next airport, but the only thing it's sure, it will be a US airport, KIAH being the most likely candidate because it will be a good companion to KDFW for short 1hr flights but, as I've said, it's not a firm decision. The only sure thing, it will be a US airport.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 03:55:31 am »
We already said in the past that we decided against KMIA in the end, because it's too close to KFLL. So, as I've said in a MUCH way recent post (not from 2010 like the one you posted), which dates last week:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7945.msg67117#msg67117

We haven't 100% decided on the next airport, but the only thing it's sure, it will be a US airport, KIAH being the most likely candidate because it will be a good companion to KDFW for short 1hr flights but, as I've said, it's not a firm decision. The only sure thing, it will be a US airport.

Cool.  Fair enough. "If" you do decide on KIAH.  Don't forget to include the plane spotting park just to the west of the airport....on Lee Rd. and the 5-6 mile roadway(Houston's Autoban) going into the terminals.  :)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

cowings1588

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 08:05:22 pm »
The New Terminal B on South concourse has been completed.. United.com on facebook has pictures of it.. probably also can be seen at Ifly2houston.com 

Looking forward to a better IAH for FSX..   Hope FSDT is the one that makes IAH..  :) 
COA
Bill

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 01:08:39 am »
The New Terminal B on South concourse has been completed.. United.com on facebook has pictures of it.. probably also can be seen at Ifly2houston.com 

Looking forward to a better IAH for FSX..   Hope FSDT is the one that makes IAH..  :) 

They are making KIAH
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

cowings1588

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 10:20:19 pm »
Just thought I'd share the New Terminal B Southside ramp video..

[ Invalid YouTube link ]&feature=endscreen

as well as this cool site with lots of pictures to keep us busy while we patiently wait for FSDT to make IAH

http://airchive.com/html/airplanes-and-airports/houston-george-bush-international-airport-terminal-photos-planespotting-and-history-houston-tex/terminal-d-concourse-and-gates-at-houston-george-bush-intercontinental-airport-2012-/24097

The New Terminal B is all ground loading & unloading no Jetways on the New Concourse..
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:03:44 pm »
Here's an look down view at B84 A-S gates, Blue Print didn't do this & I was kinda hoping you guys would, when you go to make this part of the gates can you not only put the gate number & Letter on the J Line for these gates but also put it so it comes up when you go to select the gate through FSX & GSX.. Its so hard to memorize which one is which when there all the same gate number but with no lettering next to it..  The way its listed right now when you go to select is B84,B84,B84 so on & so forth..  What would be nice is.. B84A, B84B, B84C, B84D, B84E, B84F, B84G, B84H, B84I, B84J, B84K.. I'm sure by now you get where I'm going with it.. Its just a lot easier to know which gate I'm really at when they have lettering next to them when there's more than 2 like it is with B 84 then to also be able to see that on the J-Line approaching the gate seeing those gates are not marked on the building but only on the square of the J-Line..

Thanks
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 08:17:05 am »
I just discovered this apparently real KIAH Houston added to Terminal A.. Just discovered this in this guy's video.. Apparently they made an extension on to Terminal A.. While they work on Terminal B Imagine..   Kind of looks like Terminal B's little gates for B-84 A-S gates but its for A terminal...

Hope they don't mess you guys up at FSDT while your trying to Make IAH for us. I'm not sure if this extension to A is just temporary or expected to be permanent fixture on to A.. I just discovered this tonight after watching this video..  I hope real Houston doesn't make to many more modifications that it will throw off FSDT.. I mean we want it to be right on with the real one but I don't know how many more modifications there going to be making either.. I know there suppose to finish off the New Terminal B concourse they already started with..

Here also from United.com is updated gate assignments as of right now for KIAH

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/maps/iah.aspx

Just got this off of our employee website part of United.. More news about IAH...

Second phase of work on IAH’s highly rated Terminal B begins

Posted August 22, 2013

This month we began the demolition work that is part of phase two of the construction of the new south concourse of IAH’s Terminal B, the $100 million, 225,000 square-foot facility dedicated to the United Express regional flights that feed the hub. All 15 phase one gates are currently in operation, providing customers with a more open, light-filled space to relax in and great concessions to enjoy as they wait for their departures.

“This project is about improving the entire customer experience,” said Corporate Real Estate VP Kate Gebo. “Terminal B was built with more of the features our customers told us they value. Our customers said they wanted better concessions, better connectivity and a better place to relax before their flights.”

IAH Hub Team Leader Randy Cleveland said, “I love the new boarding area and the newer way of boarding the plane. Customers really enjoy the large common area in Terminal B.”

Terminal B features customer-friendly amenities like power outlets at every other seat, free Wi-Fi and even some couches and ottomans to make the time customers spend there more comfortable. The entire space is four times the size of the previous terminal, offers 17 concessionaires and features a spacious hold room with twice the seating and many more restrooms. We hope to attain Silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for the renovation project, which offers panoramic views, natural sunlight and locally sourced building materials. We expect the new terminal to consume 21 percent less energy than a conventionally built building. The terminal also offers two large co-worker break areas completed in the new break room style that we are deploying across the system.

When phase two is complete at the end of this year, Terminal B will accommodate up to 30 United Express gates.

Yet like I said I'd make Terminal B the last terminal you guys work on because like I said before not sure how there going to number the gates until they release the final product when there done with the actual construction.. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:34:57 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 05:44:51 pm »
I'll be back at kiah today from kden  I can tell you one thing  the airport terminal B is awsome.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

cowings1588

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 01:30:56 am »
Ohh I believe it.. Looks awesome.. I was just letting Virtualli know it might be wise to hold on working on Terminal B as the last thing they do because I never know, how there going to number those B gates as they finish the real Terminal B.. There suppose to start tearing down the other one & working on that one next month I think it said..  The probably next yr work on the opposite side.. 
COA
Bill

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 03:42:02 am »
Terminal B

Houston Intercontinental Airport
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Dominato83

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 12:48:47 am »
Still some of those Tulip 767s flying around there.  Pretty neat

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 04:30:47 am »
Still some of those Tulip 767s flying around there.  Pretty neat

Yep
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

cowings1588

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 08:05:05 am »
Looking forward to the next WIP Photos..  It will be nice to see some more pictures of where there at in making IAH when they get a chance & have something cool to show us all...  :)
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 08:19:03 am »
New Video of Terminal B from inside The New Terminal B in Houston George Bush Intercontinental KIAH..  Notice Good Country Music inside Continental's Home now United's Home down in Houston Texas..  :)  Whataburger even in Terminal B...   :)   Not Texas without A Whataburger  :)  lol

COA
Bill