Author Topic: Terminal Question  (Read 3482 times)

mattd319

Terminal Question
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:45:15 pm »
Hello!  I tried to look through the pages first - sorry if I overlooked something.  My understanding from the posts about missing buildings is to check the Addons menu, and when  I checked my Addons, everything seemed to be just fine, but after landing at ORD, for some reason, the buildings were not loading completely.  Using the GSX, the sounds were occurring, but the textures and objects were not appearing.  

Oddly, all traffic along the roadways went missing as well.  Was not sure if anybody had this happen before, or if there is something I can do to fix.

Thanks!

http://s16.postimage.org/oljb6rz39/ORDerror.jpg
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:53:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Terminal Question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:57:36 pm »
My understanding from the posts about missing buildings is to check the Addons menu, and when  I checked my Addons, everything seemed to be just fine, but after landing at ORD, for some reason, the buildings were not loading completely.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with our software not loading. If it did, you wouldn't see *anything* except jetways. Instead, you are see PARTS of buildings missing.

As explained several times on the forum, this is an entirely different issue that doesn't have anything to do with any of our products or software configuration or installation. Is, instead, a problem caused by one of the following:

You enabled a "Compatibility" flag in the "Compatibility" tab of the "Properties" pages for the FSX.EXE. Everything on that page should stay disabled, which is how FSX is installed by default.

OR

You have a problem with video memory corruption, or a tweak you applied has gone wrong. To fix this, try the following:

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enable it with the Addon Manager too.

mattd319

Re: Terminal Question
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »
Thank you Sir!  I updated my video card driver and did a test flight between 2 airports last night.  It appears to have worked and will continue to check.