Author Topic: GSX Type scenery  (Read 5647 times)

F-DEUZ

GSX Type scenery
« on: February 19, 2013, 07:12:55 pm »
Hi, 
Scuse me for my english.

GSX refuses to accept my addons and afcads.

A part of log file GSX :
IGNORING A:/Scenes FSX/France VFR PHOTO/Aquitaine/Scenery (layer 137): type is 1 (should be 3)
IGNORING A:/Scenes FSX/France VFR PHOTO/Languedoc-Roussilon PHOTO/Scenery (layer 140): type is 1 (should be 3)
IGNORING A:/Scenes FSX/France VFR PHOTO/Haute Normandie VFR - Ground layer/Scenery (layer 124): type is 1 (should be 3)
IGNORING A:/Scenes FSX/France VFR PHOTO/Haute Normandie VFR - Objects layer/Scenery (layer 125): type is 1 (should be 3)

Why the type is not good and how to change it.

Dear - Denis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Type scenery
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:49:56 pm »
It's because you added your scenery areas manually, by clicking *inside* the scenery folder, so FSX appends a \scenery at the end of the path, which is a bit out of standard (all default sceneries and all 3rd party sceneries with an installer don't add a \scenery to the path), so GSX gets confused by this, because it appends another \scenery string on its own, since the path usually doesn't end with \scenery.

You can fix this by doing a search & replace to fix all the wrong areas in your scenery.cfg, replacing \scenery with \ (just a backslash) should work. The scenery.cfg is located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg, and it's strongly suggested you do a backup *before* editing, in case anything goes wrong with the search & replace.

F-DEUZ

Re: GSX Type scenery
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:26:29 pm »
Hi,
Thank you very much for your quick response.
I will correct all this.
cordially

Denis