Author Topic: Why does this happen?  (Read 13659 times)

Hightower

Re: Why does this happen?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 08:07:53 pm »
Just a suggestion that may or may not work....

Go into the scenery library and turn off every scenery available and in surrounding areas by unchecking it. Leave the FSDT CYVR one check obviously and see if that helps. If it goes away, then you can start checking the others one by one.

Also traffic programs will insert AFCADS to major airports so that could be an issue as well.

CanadaKen

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:02 pm »
Here's the problem.  The only scenery I have installed is Las Vegas and that was installed after I started this topic.
GEX as far as I know wouldn't cause this.

Ken

72westy

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 06:39:50 am »
Like I said above....if I chose a runway at YVR rather than let FSX use the "Active"
all is good. It starts in the correct position but the Active puts me in the lights.

FSDT CYVR is the only add-on airport I have added to this newer FSX installation.

Ken

Hi Ken. Do you have ORBX, Vancouver Plus or UTX Canada? Those mentioned do put in afcads, I had to remove the UTX and Orbx afcads for related issues.

Enlighten me with regards to Vancouver+ V3? I use it and I'm try to nail down a crash after exit issue involving (ai_player.dll) I'm suspecting it has to do with Vancouver+ V3. Where does it put it's AFCAD?
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 08:32:49 am »
Enlighten me with regards to Vancouver+ V3? I use it and I'm try to nail down a crash after exit issue involving (ai_player.dll) I'm suspecting it has to do with Vancouver+ V3. Where does it put it's AFCAD?

While you surely want to remove all your duplicates AFCADs, a crash in ai_player.dll might not be related to it. It might be a problem with one of your AI models, like a missing texture or a corrupted/missing .MDL file.

72westy

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »

While you surely want to remove all your duplicates AFCADs, a crash in ai_player.dll might not be related to it. It might be a problem with one of your AI models, like a missing texture or a corrupted/missing .MDL file.

No, running no 3rd party AI program and this is a clean install of FSX Acceleration. I've narrowed it down to an issue with Vancouver+ V3.
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

Marcelo

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 01:59:28 pm »
I same issue with gate positions, I am ussing Orbx with out problem, until i use flash scenery from them.. and   "readjust"  the scenery library..., today. I notice.. that my CYVR was 18 position.., I put it back on first place.. and no everything works perfect... I ciould not  find any duplicate as well with the siimply scanner...btw.. maybe is a Priority  thing?

Marcelo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20:22 am »
that my CYVR was 18 position.., I put it back on first place.. and no everything works perfect... I ciould not  find any duplicate as well with the siimply scanner...btw.. maybe is a Priority  thing?

Our installer puts CYVR on TOP of the Scenery Library, there's obviously a *reason* for this...if you move it under something else, then you can expect any possible sorf of conflicts.