Author Topic: Why does this happen?  (Read 13664 times)

CanadaKen

Why does this happen?
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »
Hi

If I don't specify a runway and just start a flight on the Active Runway the Start position is
in among the approach lights. If I specify a runway like 08R the Start position is correct.

Thanks
Ken

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Why does this happen?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:36:19 am »
Looks like you must have another afcad file in your system or something. The default runway start positions are all well up the runway.

CanadaKen

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:49:33 pm »
Like I said above....if I chose a runway at YVR rather than let FSX use the "Active"
all is good. It starts in the correct position but the Active puts me in the lights.

FSDT CYVR is the only add-on airport I have added to this newer FSX installation.

Ken

marvic

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:54:54 pm »
Like I said above....if I chose a runway at YVR rather than let FSX use the "Active"
all is good. It starts in the correct position but the Active puts me in the lights.

FSDT CYVR is the only add-on airport I have added to this newer FSX installation.

Ken

Hi Ken. Do you have ORBX, Vancouver Plus or UTX Canada? Those mentioned do put in afcads, I had to remove the UTX and Orbx afcads for related issues.
Cheers, Marvic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:59:15 pm »
I can only confirm this doesn't happen.

All runway starts positions are OK, the "go to the Active" function doesn't set the plane in a position that doesn't exist already in the AFCAD: it will always be one of the runway start positions already defined.

The 8R start position is a bit short of the runway, but it's NOT over the lights as your screenshot indicates, which means it's 100% sure you have a conflicting AFCAD.

CanadaKen

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 04:36:09 am »
Hi Ken. Do you have ORBX, Vancouver Plus or UTX Canada? Those mentioned do put in afcads, I had to remove the UTX and Orbx afcads for related issues.
No ORBX or Van+ but I do have UTX Canada & UTX USA.

Would the duplicate be in the Add-On/scenery folder? I looked through there but saw nothing "obvious" like a CYVR.bgl.

Ken
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:31:26 pm by CanadaKen »

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27:03 am »
Download a airport  scanner its free  and it will tell you where the dulpicate airports are in your pc,  in the link i posted is a free download link  which you can try

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13217

CanadaKen

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:33:58 pm »
Ok....thanks for the link....I should have known Scruffy would have an app for this. :-)

1 CYVR and it's the one in \scenery\world\scenery....CYVR_AP_alt.bgl
Which I see is supposed to be there.

Now what?

Ken
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:36:04 pm by CanadaKen »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 03:39:50 pm »
1 CYVR and it's the one in \scenery\world\scenery....CYVR_AP_alt.bgl

Yes, that's the altitude-setting AFCAD and should be there.

If your start positions are not the one coming from the FSDT AFCAD, they can only come from another AFCAD, so you have a conflicting AFCAD which couldn't be found by the airport scanner. It wouldn't be the first time that some user reported a problem with a conflicting AFCAD that couldn't be detected by that scanner, which was eventually fixed by finding and removing the offending file manually.

kozmicelly

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:10 pm »
Hi,

quate:
"It wouldn't be the first time that some user reported a problem with a conflicting AFCAD that couldn't be detected by that scanner, which was eventually fixed by finding and removing the offending file manually."

It'd be a hard work.
Before doing that, you might want to try "sas_1_1_4761.zip" (SimpleAirportScanner).
I forgot where I DLed it from, but I'm sure it can be found easily by googling.

Elly

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:52:01 pm by kozmicelly »

CanadaKen

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 06:38:08 pm »
That's the same scanner mentioned above. It's by ScruffyDuck.
It didn't find any duplicates other than the one that is supposed to be there.

CK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 06:51:26 pm »
It didn't find any duplicates other than the one that is supposed to be there.

Then you have an AFCAD that couldn't be detected. Only an AFCAD can change the runway start positions, and none of them end up above the lights with the AFCAD supplied with the scenery.

kozmicelly

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 08:45:04 am »
Hi CK,

"That's the same scanner mentioned above. It's by ScruffyDuck"

No, it's not the same one. In fact, I compared them.
New one can read bgl files that old one can't read (Aerosoft airports), I'm not sure but I guess because of the folder structure.

Elly

CanadaKen

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 05:18:20 pm »
I have two of his scanners.

SAS_1_1_4764 and Scruffy's FAS_1010003 (FSX) These are his latest scanners.

Both scanners only show the \scenery\world\scenery....CYVR_AP_alt.bgl file as a dupe.

CK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 05:21:47 pm »
Both scanners only show the \scenery\world\scenery....CYVR_AP_alt.bgl file as a dupe.

And that surely isn't, because it's only a "dummy" file needed to confirm the altitude setting, which is a precaution against potential problems caused by other AFCADs setting a different altitude themselves. But it doesn't contain anything else, so it's not really a duplicate.