Author Topic: How to change CTRL-F12 keyboard shortcut for YouControl  (Read 9246 times)

WebMaximus

How to change CTRL-F12 keyboard shortcut for YouControl
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:39:02 pm »
I don't use the YouControl interface and I have another thing mapped to CTRL-F12 which gives me trouble when flying to Geneva. I read in the doc for the airport that you're unable to change this shortcut but I haven't figured out how I change it?

Would appreciate if someone could help me remapping this or even better if it's possible to disable the keyboard shortcut for YouControl all togheter since I don't use it.

Thanks in advance,
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to change CTRL-F12 keyboard shortcut for YouControl
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:06:48 pm »
There's a "Change Key assignment" menu in the "Couatl powered products" menu. As indicated at Page 5 of the GSX manual:

By default, the Hot key assigned to GSX is CTRL+F12, but it can be reassigned using the “Couatl Powered products” menu inside FSX.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:09:07 pm by virtuali »

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:43:58 pm »
Sorry, don't ask me how I missed that  ???

Is there any way to set the keyboard shortcuts to 'None' if you like in my case don't use them? Couldn't find a way to do it via the menu but maybe by editing an ini or cfg file somewhere...?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:27:15 am »
You can edit the Couatladdons.ini file but, the only key that can be removed, is the direct to GSX key, the one that opens the GSX menu without passing through the YouControl step (on an FSDT airport that has YouControl menus), the other keys will simply revert to their defaults, unless you remove the program that needs them. For example, removing the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\ParkMe folder, will remove the ParkMe key assignment, which right now doesn't do anything since it's entirely replaced by GSX.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:12 am »
OK, thanks for the info Umberto!
Richard Åsberg