Author Topic: GSX No sound issue  (Read 4812 times)

AirbusFlyer321

GSX No sound issue
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:21:32 pm »
Hi,

I have recently purchased the FSDT GSX addon for FSX. However, upon a week of usage I discovered a major issue which I unfortunately have not been able to resolve.
I ran FSX that day expecting nothing unusual but as I got onto free flight and requested GSX boarding, I noticed that there were no GSX sounds whatsoever. There were no vehicle engine sounds, no ground crew noises, not even notification/warning 'beeps.'

The FSX aircraft and surrounding sounds (AI) seemed to work just fine. Assuming it to be a minor issue, I referred to the manual for possible instructions regarding the sound.

I checked the volume which was set to high. The text below read "audio subsystem seems to be working fine." The last attempt I made was to completely uninstall and re-install GSX; unfortunately, even that did not help.

Also, I checked the 'sound' folder of GSX, and I did notice that there were the recorded sound files but no CFG file to run them. All FSX addon aircrafts I have come with a sound CFG file.

What seems to be the problem? Is it a missing CFG file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX No sound issue
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:04:20 pm »
I checked the volume which was set to high. The text below read "audio subsystem seems to be working fine." The last attempt I made was to completely uninstall and re-install GSX; unfortunately, even that did not help.

If you have more than one audio device in the GSX Settings list, try to select it, and then select again the one you want to use.

Also, I checked the 'sound' folder of GSX, and I did notice that there were the recorded sound files but no CFG file to run them. All FSX addon aircrafts I have come with a sound CFG file.

That's not an issue, we play sounds with our own engine, not with the FSX sound engine.