Author Topic: The Double Terminal/Tower Problem  (Read 9217 times)

MWS

The Double Terminal/Tower Problem
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »
Need help! Read through the forum and saw this is a recurring problem. I made the mistake of editing the airport with AFCAD and that screwed it up. I have since deleted every other AFCAD of LAX I found. I used SimpleAirportScanner to find them all. I have deleted and reinstalled (I even redownloaded) the FSDT LAX Scenery. No matter what I do the old terminals and tower do not go away. I've probably already spend 3 hours trying to fix it and am about to give up for good.

Thanks,

Matt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The Double Terminal/Tower Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:59:46 pm »
I made the mistake of editing the airport with AFCAD and that screwed it up.

Yes, the old AFCAD utility shouldn't be used, because it doesn't preserve exclusion zones, and this is exactly what causes double objects. You should use ADE to edit the AFCAD. Try to use the ScanAFD program to search for duplicates:

http://www.nwlink.com/~erog/

And be sure you haven't created a duplicate yourself in the KLAX folder.

MWS

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 02:22:16 am »
I made the mistake of editing the airport with AFCAD and that screwed it up.

Yes, the old AFCAD utility shouldn't be used, because it doesn't preserve exclusion zones, and this is exactly what causes double objects. You should use ADE to edit the AFCAD. Try to use the ScanAFD program to search for duplicates:

http://www.nwlink.com/~erog/

And be sure you haven't created a duplicate yourself in the KLAX folder.

Used ScanAFB, no duplicates, KLAX_AP is the only one it found.

No other duplicates in the KLAX folder either. Anything else I can do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:34 am »
No other duplicates in the KLAX folder either. Anything else I can do?

Remove that .BGL and reinstall KLAX, so you are sure the one in use in the FSDT one.

If this doesn't fix it, than the only possible explanation is that you have a conflicting file which can't be detected by AFD scanners, so you'll have to find it manually. It's possible a conflict like that *could* be caused by a non-AFACD file. AFCADs are only the most common cause of double objects, but are not the only one.

MWS

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:50:54 pm »
No luck, doesn't make sense to me. Especially considering that when I first downloaded it, it worked fine  ??? :-\

MWS

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 10:05:40 pm »
Would reinstalling FS9 help? I'm considering switching to FSX so I suppose that would get the job done as well...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 12:02:33 pm »
Would reinstalling FS9 help? I'm considering switching to FSX so I suppose that would get the job done as well...

It will only help if you remove all its folders too so, any conflicting .BGL that was added would be removed. But you might also try first disabling all your scenery areas one by one, than enable them one by one, until you find where the conflicting file is located. If it's in a default scenery folder, it's possible the default version has been altered, so you might even try getting it from the FS9 install CD, without reinstalling.

MWS

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »
Well, in part I've figured it out, and in part it has gotten more confusing. To start, I have deleted all LAX's I found, including the FSDreamTeam folder. I scanned FS9, no KLAX's found. I open FS9, and LAX is still there. Odd, right? I go to AFCAD editor and search and sure enough there is a KLAX still there. I open it up, it's the AFCAD that I edited from the FSDreamTeam scenery originally. Now, the part I cannot figure out to save my life, it is in the FSDreamTeam folder which I deleted. It's not in my FS9 folder anymore. I copied the properties of the airport from the AFCAD editor and pasted, Windows could not find the folder.

So, I have no idea.  :o ??? Doesn't make any sense at all, is there something I'm missing here?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 09:51:25 pm »
Can't you check the folder path the AFCAD editor is giving for it ?

MWS

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:29 pm »
That's what I meant when I said I copied the property of the file from the AFCAD...when I searched it, it said it didn't exist.

MWS

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:43 pm »
GOT IT!!!  ;D

I'm not a computer wiz so I'm not really sure why this is what happened but for future reference I'll explain how I figured it out.

I was in the AFCAD editor, and figured I would try to save the file again and see if that could lead me to the path. When I followed the path to my FS9 folder the FSdreamteam folder showed up with a locked sign on it. Opened up my docs, messed around for a little bit trying to view the locked files, clicked "compatibility files" and there it was. Deleted and now I'm good to go.