Author Topic: bgl error, FSX crashes! "I know, I know"  (Read 3746 times)

meister046

bgl error, FSX crashes! "I know, I know"
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:28:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am new here to FSDT and as you probably know I have tried to download GSX and I get the popular bgl error message on start up. I spent four hours last night reading everyones posts and trying different ways to get FSX to accept this add on! I probably restarted my computer about 8 times and tried to restart FSX allowing third party about forty times. I completely disabled 2013 AVG free anti virus. I disabled by firewall at one point. I tried to download fsuipc and it told me I already had the most up to date version. I run as administrator and nothing is checked in compatibility menu. I have even tried re-downloading the two bgl files one moderator had put up for another user to try. None of these have worked at all. I have third party add ons already such as: FSPAX, Traffic X, PMDG, and Wilco 777. All of these work great with no hiccups. I know from all the post this is not a GSX problem, rather a problem with FSX. If anyone else has some different Ideas I would love to purchase this software as it is just what I am looking for in the Flight Sim experience. Thank you very much and believe me I would not have posted If i hadn't tried all of what i could find on the forum. Any suggestions? I would love to make this part of the experience!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bgl error, FSX crashes! "I know, I know"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:37:40 pm »
Thank you very much and believe me I would not have posted If i hadn't tried all of what i could find on the forum. Any suggestions? I would love to make this part of the experience!

If you *really* tried all the forum suggestions, I guess there's not much to add. Some users fixed this by repairing the FSX SP2 installation.

meister046

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:57:03 pm »
I would love to try anything at this point. How do I "repair" FSX SP2 installation?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 09:45:44 pm »
The SP2 (or Acceleration) installer has an option to Repair.

meister046

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 04:42:11 am »
Hello,

Problem fixed my system had a compatibility with xp checked off and I had to find it in an advanced menu. It was not present when clicking properties and compatibility. Thanks for the help just bought the product!