Author Topic: CS777 customize doors  (Read 5017 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
CS777 customize doors
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:52:08 pm »
I am at PHNL gate 6 and cannot for the life of me stop the gsx from requesting to open door 2. I went to the aircraft customize section and put "door without open\close checks, but I still get that irritating beep and to open door 2.
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CS777 customize doors
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:45:35 pm »
If you customize GSX to ignore a door, it will be ignored, you must have done something wrong, probably another door is still not set to be ignored.

In any case, the CS777 is already internally supported, at least the 200 version.

If you use the 200 version, it shouldn't require any customization and, if it's asking for "Exit 2" which is a generic code, it seems it hasn't been recognized, this will happen if you renamed the airplane folder under Simobjects\Airplane.

If you use the 300 version, is not included with the GSX database but, assuming it use the same variables, one way to customize it correctly without having to Ignore a door (which must work), is to load the 200 version, customize something not important (such as moving a door 1-2 cm) and than take the GSX.INI that will be created into %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes, and move it into the ROOT folder under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes for the 300 version.

Then, load the 300 version, and this will load the 200 customization with the XML variables and custom names, so you'll only need to adjust their position for the different 300 size.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:46:34 am »
I was using the 200LR.
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:40:42 am »
I was using the 200LR.

So you shouldn't configure it, and fact it's asking for Exit 2, it means that either you did something wrong and re-configuring it OR the airplane hasn't been recognized, which means is not in its default folder OR perhaps the LR it's a new addition that was released recently and it has a new folder.

If this is the case, you can use exactly the same method I've suggested above for the 300.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:36:22 pm »
OK, got it fixed. It would have been less confusing if you had said copy and paste the gsx.cfg in the virtuali/airplanes. Thanks for the help!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:31:04 pm »
It would have been less confusing if you had said copy and paste the gsx.cfg in the virtuali/airplanes. Thanks for the help!

That explanation would be only valid if you had a GSX.CFG in the virtuali/airplanes folder and, if you never tried to configure *that* model, there would be no GSX.CFG at all, so I said to do a dummy customization, just to ensure a GSX.CFG would be created.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 05:10:43 pm »
the gsx.cfg was what confused me....you said the .ini. forget it!!!
Moe Works