Author Topic: Coautl Refuses to Load  (Read 6914 times)

pannellg

Coautl Refuses to Load
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:39:45 am »
I placed my Cessna 172 at Ft. Lauderdale recently and noticed the buildings were missing, just like they had occasionally been missing at KPHX and KLAS.  Although the others are now present.  KFLL would not load.  I also noticed that coautl was not in its usual place alongside Addon Manager.  I went to the coautl file and clicked on the coautl installer several times in an attempt to get it back and received two different error messages: 

"Error
You must have a full path with drive letter; for example  C:\APP or a UNC path in the form \\server\share"

On another occasion I received the following:

"Error

Internal Error: an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized"

I had previously had success in getting coautl back by clicking on the coautl installer, not over the last dozen attempts.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong.  Addon Manager is present; all the FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries are showing installed and active.  Coautl is missing and refuses to load.

Appreciate any assistance you might provide...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coautl Refuses to Load
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:29 am »
From your description of the problem, it's not that Couatl is not loading, it seems the INSTALLER doesn't even start. And, in any case, there's no such thing as a "Couatl installer", maybe you confused it with the "Couatl_updater.exe", but you are not supposed to run it manually.

The Couatl is included with every FSDT installer, the easiest way to "reinstall" it, is to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

pannellg

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:57 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I downloaded the addon manager and attempted to install it.  It got halfway through when I received the "Internal Error:  an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized."  It completed the install, but when I opened up FSX, the addon manager was there under the add-ons tab, but coautl was not there.  I attempted a second time to install and the error message came on again, and again no coautl.

I'm doing something wrong here...

Garland

pannellg

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:26:41 am »
In addition, I re-installed CYVR and installed the update but when I went there, I could see no buildings or ramp area.  All that were present were jetways and a few aircraft....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:21:35 am »
I downloaded the addon manager and attempted to install it.  It got halfway through when I received the "Internal Error:  an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized." 

Just checked again (not that I wasn't sure but, it's always best to check everything) and no, it doesn't happen. It seems you have wrong or even missing registry keys for your FSX, try this utility here, to fix your FSX registry:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/65744-fsxfs9-registry-repair-tool/

pannellg

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 03:51:57 pm »
Thanks, I'll give it a try...

pannellg

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:43:33 pm »
Umberto,
Running the registry utility brought back coautl.  I then exited out of FSX in order to re-install CYVR.  I re-installed it, but when I brought up FSX and went to CYVR, the buildings were not there.  I went to the tab thinking that I will simply restart coautl and the buildings would show up.  Unfortunately, coautl had once again disappeared.  So I decided to re-install Addon Manager and maybe that would bring back coautl, but during the Addon Manager re-install I got the following error message:

"You must have a full path with the drive letter, for example:

C:\APP
or a UNC path in the form
\\server\share

I have no buildings and no coautl.  So I'm back to square #1 my friend...

Garland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:49:39 pm »
You must have something that is continuing to mess with your FSX registry, try to repair it again and reinstall CYVR.

pannellg

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 06:12:32 pm »
Umberto,

I tried it again, and unfortunately no buildings, and no coautl.  Is this a Windows 8 issue...?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:11 pm »
I tried it again, and unfortunately no buildings, and no coautl.  Is this a Windows 8 issue...?

I don't think so, we don't use Windows 8 ourselves, but several users have confirmed our products works. Are you still getting that error in the installer ?

pannellg

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 03:30:37 am »
Yes sir, I am...this last time it was the one that said I had to enter a full path with drive letter e.g. C:\APP etc...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 11:24:54 am »
I'm sorry, but nobody else reported such problem so far. I don't think it's a Windows 8 problem, but you should note that we indicate only Windows 7 as an officially supported OS.

pannellg

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 07:54:33 pm »
Well, you did all you could do...I appreciate the help.