Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v2.0  (Read 84888 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge Hornet v2.0
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:17 pm »
Victory...

Any issues with installing in the CS twin seater? Didn't want to mess anything up during the install, but the file structure does seem easier to manage now.

None that I know of, other than making sure my CS Delta Hornet package doesnt include CS-Specific files (ACLoad.CAB, ANIM.CAB, Delta.GAU) that I cant send out to everyone. Should be ready shortly (prolly this weekend) in a separate rollout here. You'll have to do a few copy/paste of CS-specific gauges and/or files (that are required to run CS Delta Hornet), but after that, its almost word-for-word the same as the baseline Sludge Hornet install procedures. Same file/gauge convention, mostly the same gauges, including Combat HUD... no CS Weapons HUD yet.

Fellas...

What's the word from everyone on the Combat HUD sizing? Too small for everyone's liking?

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:32:07 pm by Sludge »

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »
Herb,

I see your problem.  You unzipped the CONTENTS of the gauges folder to the FSX gauges folder, which is incorrect.  You should unzip the gauges folder and keep it's file structure intact, and then copy THE ENTIRE FOLDER over to the FSX gauges folder.  Hope that makes sense.

Sludge,

I forgot to mention that a few posts back...Yes I prefer Jimi's HUD size.  A hair smaller than that would probably still be fine.

Pyro
Pops

Herbie

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 11:23:54 pm »
Herb,

I see your problem.  You unzipped the CONTENTS of the gauges folder to the FSX gauges folder, which is incorrect.  You should unzip the gauges folder and keep it's file structure intact, and then copy THE ENTIRE FOLDER over to the FSX gauges folder.  Hope that makes sense.------------------------------

Hello Pyro!
My mistake, I renamed the Gauge folder to FA-18A-D  :) and all is well. Better a bad start and a good ending as the other-way around. Herb
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:31:49 am by Herbie »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 01:04:52 am »
Pyro...

Good deal, thanks. I'll probly up the size of the HUD for everyone this weekend, test it out, and put it out there for all to try. Thanks for the help, in getting Herb squared away.

Herbie...

Glad its working for ya now. Enjoy.

Later
Sludge

ctec1

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 02:24:57 am »
Got t admit I had some trouble getting it installed also. But she's good to go now.   I haven't had a chance to read thru the docs yet but did a few quick flights and did notice the tendency to nose down. I also think the HUD needs to be a tad larger. Will fire up vLSO in the AM and spend a little more time with it. BTW  I'm using P3D and so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:13 pm »
Fellas...

http://www.sludgehornet.com/downloads/FA-18A+%20HotFix.zip

Here's a HOTFIX for some of the problems you've listed. Especially of note is the Combat HUD and ALL Gauges/Windows visibility. I changed the Combat HUD to a more readable size and have made all alpha transparencies at 0.85, so they will appear brighter and you can read them easier.

Also, I DISABLED the BrakeAssist XML, as well as a VC texture fix.

Enjoy.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:45:43 pm by Sludge »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 02:03:15 am »
Frenchie...

Is your question, "the sim is looking for the Sounds.INI file in FSX\Sounds folder rather than FSX\Sounds" asking about where the Sludge panel.cfg and DSD gauge will look for the Sounds.INI file? Or is there an error with the Betty sounds?

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 02:10:04 am »
Frenchie...

Ya, no problem, take your time.

Later
Sludge

ctec1

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 02:50:43 am »
Frenchie,

I had the same error. Those files from the sounds\FA-18.zip have to go inside a folder named FA-18 inside the FSX\Sound folder. For example:   

D:\FSX\sound\FA-18. Hope that makes sense.

Herbie

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 06:21:16 am »
Frenchie,

I had the same error. Those files from the sounds\FA-18.zip have to go inside a folder named FA-18 inside the FSX\Sound folder. For example:   

D:\FSX\sound\FA-18. Hope that makes sense.

Like this Frenchie. Herb

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 06:52:45 am »
Herb...

Much thanks for that ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE. Very easy to see and understand.

Frenchie and CTEC...

Did Herb's example clear up the problem? If not, we can keep trying to fix it here, or we can meet up on Skype tomorrow and I can talk you through it on a share screen.

Later
Sludge

ctec1

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 02:01:22 pm »
All is good here thx. I made the same mistake that Frenchie has made. I extracted the sound files directly into the \Sounds folder instead of creating the FA-18 folder first. Maybe its WinRAR thats messing things up. For example when i open the gauges folder and extract the FA-18.A-D.zip it doesnt create the FA-18.A-D folder it just extracts the files that need to go into the FA-18.A-D folder. I create my own FA-18.A-D folder in FSX\Sounds and extract the files to that folder.

Make any sense?

BertAtHome

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2013, 05:41:16 pm »
Hi

I struggled threw the same issues as mentioned. Had to tweak it all manually but still not sure I've got the sound right.
I didn't hear any of the Betty sounds from the \Microsogt Flight Simulator X\Sound\FA-18 map
Maybe someone can give us a clear picture of the map/file structures needed?

Thanks

ctec1

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2013, 06:28:41 pm »
Bert,

Now that you mention it , Betty aint bitchin here either. hmmm...

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2013, 08:44:21 pm »
CTEC and Bert...

Yes, as Herb showed, you have to have the FA-18 folder INSIDE the main FSX\SOUND folder.

Ill send pictures of both the FSX\Sound folder and whats inside the FA-18 (Betty) folder.

Look at the address bars of both to follow the installation structure. The STRUCTURE and NAMING must be followed exactly, as the Panel.cfg file is telling FSX to look in exact places for those files.

Later
Sludge