Author Topic: passenger bridge problem  (Read 4039 times)

HobbyFloh

passenger bridge problem
« on: February 08, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »
Hi, when the high passenger bridges (eg: Wilco Airbus A330-200) are docking at parking field, there moves no front
foot platform at the airplane fuselage. I try to repair with the 3D editor, but this didn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: passenger bridge problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:21:36 am »
As explained many times already (in the manual, in the forum, etc.), GSX doesn't change or control anything related to jetways, they will continue to operate exactly as they were before installing GSX and the GSX installation doesn't change a bit about any jetways behavior in a certain airport/airplane.

In this case, if the scenery developer has configured only the high bridge to be animated and the airplane developer has configured the main door to the the 2nd on the left, the first door won't get any jetway, since FSX supports only one animated jetway for each gate, and it will connect to whatever door is flagged as being the main one in the aircraft.cfg

Using/installing GSX or not, won't make any difference, and there's nothing in GSX you can set to change this, because there's nothing in GSX that affects jetways in the slightest way.

HobbyFloh

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 01:27:13 pm »
excuse the misunderstanding, I mean the high stairs at the standard fsx aiports eg come from parking lots.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 11:13:48 pm »
excuse the misunderstanding, I mean the high stairs at the standard fsx aiports eg come from parking lots.

I'm not sure I'm following you, could you please explain better ?

HobbyFloh

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 05:20:16 pm »
Ok I'll try it. I have vista64. FSX is on additional disk and partition.
I stand in cairo intl (HECA) at gate 11 without jetways with Wilco Airbus A330-200.
I switch to the outside view.
then I call gsx deboarding.
Three high stairs come at the plane, but there are big gaps to the doors. So the passengers have to jump.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:31:14 pm »
Three high stairs come at the plane, but there are big gaps to the doors. So the passengers have to jump.

That means you haven't correctly configured the airplane doors. An unsupported airplane needs to be configured using the integrated airplane configuration utility, before it can be used for the first time.

HobbyFloh

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:06:43 pm »
now it works with a lot of try and different airplanes. thank you.