Author Topic: Missing approaches  (Read 7080 times)

shoestrings

Missing approaches
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:18:03 pm »
Hi all,

I flew ORD-LAX yesterday and on approach I was given the visual for 24L...well, weather was 3SM around 1000 overcast so natural I hit standby and when to select and instrument approach and all that showed was visuals for every runway. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing approaches
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 10:19:34 pm »
and when to select and instrument approach and all that showed was visuals for every runway.

it's likely you have another AFCAD in conflict that has removed the default approaches. KLAX doesn't define new approaches, it relies on the ones defined for the default scenery.

shoestrings

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:07:03 pm »
i had a check thru, even used the tool from scruffy duck and no duplicates for the field...any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 09:24:21 am »
i had a check thru, even used the tool from scruffy duck and no duplicates for the field...any ideas?

Assuming KLAX is on the top of the Scenery Library (which is were the installer puts it by default), the only possible explanations are then:

- Something has corrupted your default scenery for KLAX, losing the approaches for some reason.

OR

- You have an AFCAD conflict that the FSX Airport Scanner can't identify, so you'll have to search for it manually.

As I've said, nothing in the FSDT KLAX scenery affects or tries to change anything in the approaches for the airport. But it relies on the one coming from the default scenery to be working.

sticky1202

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 03:01:34 pm »
If you have ADE from Scruffy Duck, load the AFCAD, and then "load stock data", but only the Navaids/Waypoints and approaches. Then compile using original name. That has fixed issues I've had with some sceneries.

Jim

shoestrings

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:37:27 pm »
I'll give it a whirl Jim!

shoestrings

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:13:56 am »
that worked Jim, Thx

DA