Author Topic: Taxi signs at night.  (Read 11390 times)

vince272

Taxi signs at night.
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:58:49 am »
I did my first flight into CYVR at night and I noticed some of the taxi signs are dark and have no lights in or at them.

I was taxing along M to T and all the signs on the right had no lighting. I do not know if this is like this or not in real life but if some one could answer that would be nice.

vince272

Re: Taxi signs at night.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:38:04 am »
OK i have tried every thing I could think of but no solution in sight.

Hear is what I see with EZDOC and without it. With add on aircraft without it.

For some reason the taxi way markings on the north side of the airport have light on the ground but the taxi way markings on the south have no lighting at all.

Hear are some screen shots to help explain the problem.

PS i have also tried re installing CYVR and the coulti engine and still same affect. I do not mind the small flickering but not being able to see taxi signs is really annoying
and would like it fixed if possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:16:40 pm »
There's a problem with some night textures, we'll fix it soon

vince272

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:48:10 pm »
ok thanks for the response. ;D

windshear

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 12:23:30 am »
I also have this issue
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:48:08 pm »
I also have this issue

As I've said, there's a problem with some night textures, so it's expected everybody would have it, and we'll fix it very soon.

windshear

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:44 pm »
Yes thank you, didn't mean to fan the flames ;)
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

vince272

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 04:52:31 am »
I was told and others where told this issue would be fixed soon. Just wondering if I and others could get some sort of update on this issue?
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 10:37:58 am »
This post is from February, this problem has been fixed months ago.

vince272

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 04:15:21 pm »
Could you direct me to the fix then or is it just a update in FSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 08:39:10 pm »
There's no separate fix, but it's surely included in the current full installer.

There's no online self-update (yet) for sceneries (except for the AFCAD), only GSX has that feature, and this wasn't considered important enough to trigger a "you have an outdated scenery" Addon Manager message for everyone.

vince272

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 04:31:11 pm »
So how do I fix it then? Do I just download the hole thing again and run the installer?
I am confused I just want a clear answer and not bs.
No where did I see a message in the last 5 months saying the problem with the signs on the taxi ways was fixed.
So next time I guess I am going to have to just re download the installer and hope it was addressed?
God some times you guys are just snobs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 05:09:14 pm »
So how do I fix it then? Do I just download the hole thing again and run the installer?

That's what I've said:
There's no separate fix, but it's surely included in the current full installer.

I am confused I just want a clear answer and not bs.

Since I've said there's no separate fix and is included in the current full installer, I can't see how this could be any clearer: you have to download the current full installer.

If this is the "BS" (BTW, try to moderate your language) you were referring to, that was just to let you UNDERSTAND why you haven't got a notification from the installed scenery, I thought that explanation could be useful, because if you installed GSX for example, you might be accustomed to the automatic self-updates, so maybe you were wondering why you didn't get any from CYVR, but I was probably wrong, since all I've got back was "bs" AND a "snob" in exchange...

No where did I see a message in the last 5 months saying the problem with the signs on the taxi ways was fixed.

Nowhere I've said you should have seen one. In fact, I've said:

this wasn't considered important enough to trigger a "you have an outdated scenery" Addon Manager message for everyone.

Which explains exactly why you haven't been notified of it. We try to issue that message only when the upgrade is really important. AND, we don't have a self-update system for sceneries that works like GSX, not YET.

So next time I guess I am going to have to just re download the installer and hope it was addressed?

Yes. We keep update installers, but we don't always issue an "outdate scenery" trigger, because too many of them might be annoying for some users, especially with many installed sceneries, so we do it only for major things, but we update the installers anyway, for minor fixes too, because we sell everything in Trial version, so we want to have the Trial as polished and fixed as possible.

God some times you guys are just snobs.

Obviously wrong, we only did things differently, mostly because we have all downloads always freely available, so we don't have to deal with (those ARE confusing) installers not easily accessible or that you can use only after a limited time after purchase, confusing logins to access your download, and an endless number of confusing patches, hotfixes that might be made obsolete by other patches, and complex install directions so you have to figure out what to download and what to install.

Our method it's just easier: just download and install the latest full installer, and don't worry about anything, you can be 100% sure that you have the very latest version of that product.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:16:55 pm by virtuali »

vince272

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 02:15:30 am »
What I was trying to say is that some one could have come onto this tread and said.
"Hey guy we fixed the problem all you have to do is re download the installer and it should work"

Then when I come bake to my post I can see what needs to be done and I would not have to ask if there was a fix and some one comming on and saying "that was fixed months ago!"

Ok thanks anyway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 10:58:15 am »
What I was trying to say is that some one could have come onto this tread and said. "Hey guy we fixed the problem all you have to do is re download the installer and it should work"

Since the last reply to this post was that it would be fixed very soon, you could simply *trusted* that statement, try to download the installer to check it out and (in case it wasn't fixed), come here asking why it wasn't, instead of assuming it *wasn't* just because there was no follow up to this thread.

I have 13452 forum posts as of today (talk about level of support...) It MIGHT be possible some posts might be left behind, what counts is they are read and acted upon it.