Author Topic: MMMX Mexico City - no parking position for 767??  (Read 2382 times)

petermaxkoller

MMMX Mexico City - no parking position for 767??
« on: February 04, 2013, 02:48:18 pm »
Hi

Flying from Miami to Mexico City (Standard FSX scenery) GSX tells me there is no parking position for my Level-D 767!!!! All are to small!!

When I select MMMX in the FSX menu, there are a lot of parking positions for "Heavy"; this all should be OK for a 767.

Why GSX offers no parking position for me?

Thanks
Peter.

Peter Koller LSZH Homebase
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MMMX Mexico City - no parking position for 767??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:08:50 pm »
When I select MMMX in the FSX menu, there are a lot of parking positions for "Heavy"; this all should be OK for a 767. Why GSX offers no parking position for me?

The "Heavy" designation is just a label. What counts is the parking radius set in the scenery AFCAD. If that is smaller than half of your wingspan, GSX will consider that parking to be too small.

Have a look at the GSX manual when the Airport customization is discussed ( Page 22 ), you can specify the "Max allowed wingspan" for each parking spot (or a group of parking spots, if more than one has been selected), which is the threshold for GSX to issue the "parking too small" message. The little button with the airplane icon on it, will automatically set to the minium value for the currently selected airplane.