Author Topic: Snow on the ground?  (Read 4116 times)

B777ER

Snow on the ground?
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:56:53 am »
Fsx does not have snow for the Vancouver area in winter yet this new scenery had it which makes it not realistic with the surrounding scenery.  I know they get snow occasionally but not often enough to justify it all the time in the scenery.  More realistic would be brown grass.  Any chance?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Eric

yancovitch

Re: Snow on the ground?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:00:59 am »
    we generally get a few weeks of snow, and then it's usually washed away.....this year so far, it was a matter of a few days of heavy snow.....some stuck around for awhile but most melted........even in the winter here it's often quite green generally, with yellow and brown.....fsx, pnw, dreamteam, and whoever else...each have their own idea what vancouver looks like in the winter, and in the summer....it would be nice to get some solid documentation  ;D ;D ;D...so it could be standardized for all.......
   but i guess fsdreamteam have more to deal with now, than the weather, being such a new release....maybe when all the kinks people find, are ironed out, my guess, it could be addressed.......
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:08:38 am by yancovitch »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:25:01 am »
   this year so far, it was a matter of a few days of heavy snow.

Vancouver and east towards the valley have had some, but so far at YVR it's been one day and was maybe a few centimeters at best. Sure we might get a few days here and there every year, but I'd prefer to not have it in FSX at all.. Whatever matches the FSX and ORBX landclass.

fakeflyer737

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »
Bump this, these guys know what I'm talking about!