Author Topic: Pushback truck  (Read 4815 times)

haza2

Pushback truck
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:01:21 pm »
Hello

Is it possiable to change the pushback tug for some stands because on a couple of my stands (yes I changed them the wing span area to bigger) I am getting the smallest tug for a 747... Can I change this?

All the best

H

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback truck
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:35:08 pm »
As explained on the manual, the pushback truck is chosen according to your airplane current total weight, the larger trucks requires a weight of at least 170.000 lbs so, check this first.

If you are seeing the small one only on *some* gates, it means they are two small for the large one to maneuver.

Of course, since GSX doesn't know anything about the visual scenery, "too small" means the AFCAD radius, and this can be overridden too, by using the Parking Customization feature. The larger trucks requires a parking with a radius larger than 18 meters, which means 36 meters as the wingspan minimum size.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:36:37 am by virtuali »

haza2

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »
Thank you for you quick reply,

Iv had a play around and have got a bigger pushback truck which is good.

Thanks for your help.

Westiez

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:14 pm »
Too bad this isn't handled by airport. For smaller aircraft i get it, but at EHAM, where i fly a lot, most airplanes, also the A319s for example, get a towbarless pushback. In GSX however, the little cart still pushes me back and it looks a little silly. Umberto, would it be possible to let users decide the type of truck by themselves?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 11:40:41 am »
Too bad this isn't handled by airport

It's even better than being handled by airport, as I've explained above, it can be handled by gate, which is of course more precise than being handled by airport.

In GSX however, the little cart still pushes me back and it looks a little silly.

That "little cart", in real life, can tow an airplane up to 175,000 lbs of weight so, silly at it might looks to you, it's entirely capable to push an A319 with some spare. This little truck here, can carry up to 100 tons:

http://www.volk.de/new_products/electric-pushback/electric-pushback.html

So, GSX set the maximum weight for the small truck to be 180,000 lbs and the minimum weight for the two larger ones at 170,000 lbs.

Umberto, would it be possible to let users decide the type of truck by themselves?

You can change the following line in the SIM.CFG for the Pushback Truck file

condition = %(aircraftWeight)g > 170000 and %(parkingRadius)g > 18

and the following line in the Pushback Small SIM.CFG

condition = %(aircraftWeight)g < 180000 or %(parkingRadius)g <= 18

by changing those two values, you can alter the weight restriction.