Author Topic: Double Runways Lights  (Read 13160 times)

hanzy1

Double Runways Lights
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:19:19 am »
Hello I'm flying at FLL at night and at the runways I have to sets of RWY lights the one from the scenery and the default RWY lights is there anyway to get rid of the default RWY lights? Thank you in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double Runways Lights
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:20:30 pm »
Whenever you see "double something'" it's never a problem of the scenery, but it's ANOTHER scenery in conflict, the most likely sources of conflicts are AFCADs that comes with AI Traffic package, like My Traffic.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

hanzy1

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 05:36:56 pm »
I did use it and I found there was another AFCAD so I deleted it, but im still getting the default RWY lights?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 06:38:44 pm »
but im still getting the default RWY lights

That means you have another one in conflict. Note that, runway lights might also come from a non-AFCAD .BGL, there's no way to search for them automatically, so you must find it manually.

And of course, be sure KFLL is on top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default.

hanzy1

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:42:08 pm »
OK I will do that can you just give me an idea where and what to look for? thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:49:26 pm »
OK I will do that can you just give me an idea where and what to look for? thank you

It's not an AFCAD which can be found by scanners, it's a regular .BGL, try to disable every scenery in the Scenery Library, then reenable one by one until you find the culprit (or, at least, the folder where it's located)