Author Topic: ground markings  (Read 7378 times)

vince272

ground markings
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:12 pm »
Hello and great product. I have a few questions. I keep getting ground markings coming and going. What could cause this and how to fix please?
If a problem with other senery then how do I look for afcads and do you guys have a link to the program that looks for afcads?
I do not use other seanery and get bleed through as well in some places.
thanks for the help.  :D

PS ground marking come and go in cockpit view also. I use ezdoc camera. I have set the settings to 5m and 100 as the instructions stats and still same problem.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:33:37 pm by vince272 »

vince272

Re: ground markings
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:43:26 pm »
Also I am getting a 5 sec or more freeze as I approach the air port making me lose connection to squawkbox or fsinn. Is there a better way to get airport to laod on approach or no?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:21:51 pm »
I use ezdoc camera. I have set the settings to 5m and 100 as the instructions stats and still same problem.

Try the solution posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7852.msg65878#msg65878

vince272

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:54 am »
ok that worked but what about the long freezing when getting close to CYVR? game freezes and sais not responding but after 5 to 10 sec comes back to life and works fine. I do not have this problem with any other FSDT airports.  ???

rickcyvr

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:04:44 am »
I get this "stall" too around 8nm to final. Seems the airport is loading or "drawing" during this freeze. Once it starts up again, the airport detail iis visible. No biggie to me as I am far enough away that it dosent cause a problem during approach.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »
I get this "stall" too around 8nm to final. Seems the airport is loading or "drawing" during this freeze. Once it starts up again, the airport detail iis visible. No biggie to me as I am far enough away that it dosent cause a problem during approach.

All our sceneries are made like this. They load all the scenery at about 10NM.

vince272

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:35:31 am »
ok the clip mode=min I removed this and it helped for the shimmering but I still have the ground markings coming and going.
I am talking about the gate markings the aircraft makings and fuel hatch markings. also the black lines along yellow lines and the ground lights fixtures underneath lights.
You can see this in my pictures up above in previous post.

I just finished installing FSX fresh and only addon seanery is CYVR FSTD with Ezdoc cam.
Still same problem ground markings coming and going. ???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:37:53 am by vince272 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 12:47:59 pm »
Still same problem ground markings coming and going. ???

Have you set the mesh complexity at 100 and mesh resolution at 5m/pixel, as indicated on the manual ? If that doesn't fix it, could you please post exact coordinates where this happens, so we can check it ?

vince272

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:30:44 pm »
ok checked my setting and there all set like you guys recommend. It is still happening. If i start at gate 3 then make my way to the other side on the apron it seams to vanish around gate 40 going into to apron 9 area. Then comes back around gate 64. You can see then going into apron 9 area the they just vanish and come back after you leave the area.
Hope this helps.

vince272

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 05:00:33 pm »
ok I am going to make a video about my problem and see if this helps in figuring out what the issue is.
will make on on the weekend. will not be great as I do not have fsx recorder but will try.
I have also changed all my settings in addon manager one buy one and restarted FSX every time but non fixed the issue.

I will also try without ezdoc camera to see if problem continues.

I do not mind the flickering as it disappears when you get closer on approach but the ground markings piss me of as it looks terrible without them.
They disappear when you are right on top of them. Not 5 nm out. :'(

vince272

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 08:03:48 pm »
Ok I found a fix for the ground markings. It has something to do with EZDOC camera and how far back you are zoomed in the VC.

The only way I found was to zoom in until ground markings come back but now I have face in panels so I moved my seating position back to compensate.

Problem with that is now my head is in the head rest and can not click or use knobs as the PMDG thinks I am sitting behind head rest.

I found a seating position that works ok but is not the best. If any one out there can find a way to turn off hear rest or change a setting in EZDOC then please let us know as it would be a great help.

Thanks

vince272

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 06:02:19 am »
I made a sec camera of pilot seat and will have to use this for now.
I went from CYVR to KLAS and I have no problems at KLAS with EZDOC. Only at CYVR.

Did the trip back and same issue again in CYVR so I had to use my new camera angle and was ok with that.

On a other note I noticed when arriving at CYVR at night that the taxi signs along M where not lite up. Is there a reason for this or is this normal?

Thanks for the help guys.