Author Topic: CYVR Install problem - Incorrect Function **SOLVED**  (Read 11320 times)

airlinetycoon

Re: CYVR Install problem - Incorrect Function
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 08:01:44 am »
Hi Umberto,
here the screenshot. I don´t know, why the error-message is in german, all my windows settings are in us-en. I tried all texture-resolutions, same result. I´m running Win10 latest Update. All other FSDT-sceneries working well.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 11:09:23 am »
No ideas what I can do? CYVRs Texture-Folder is nearly empty when I finished the installation. I reinstalled directx in the meantime, same result....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 06:52:18 pm »
The error message indicates you haven't installed the DirectX runtime:

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-d3dx9-34-dll-not-found-or-missing-errors-2623279

airlinetycoon

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 11:28:09 pm »
No it is installed, I have this specific dll found in the system32 folder. The message indicates, it is the wrong version???
Anyway the CYVR Installer itself is running, the Problem seems to be the compiling of the textures during the installation process. Can you upload only the textures (in highest resolution) separately?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 02:42:40 am »
No it is installed, I have this specific dll found in the system32 folder.

That doesn't mean much. It might not be the correct version or it might not be correctly registered. Try to remove it manually, and install the latest version of the DirectX redistibutable.

Anyway the CYVR Installer itself is running, the Problem seems to be the compiling of the textures during the installation process. Can you upload only the textures (in highest resolution) separately?

Yes, it is compiling textures using an utility which requires DirectX to be properly installed. Which is why, it's best if you fix your DirectX problem first, because it will cause (if it's not already causing) lots of other issue in each and every DirectX game, like crashes, because you have a file, but it doesn't seem the right version.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 09:21:49 am »
Ok, will try again and come back.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 11:10:37 am »
The installation of the DX-SDK was the solution. Thanks Umberto!