Author Topic: Parking Editor Will Not Exit  (Read 4770 times)

mortonrb

Parking Editor Will Not Exit
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:17 am »
Trying to use parking editor.   I am able to enter the editor and move the vehicles but pressing Y does not exit the editor.   Any ideas.
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Editor Will Not Exit
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:43:54 am »
Check you haven't reassigned the Slew key to something else.

mortonrb

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:50:08 am »
Attached is two pictures.   First one I start editor.   You can see it is in Slew Mode.    Second picture I press Y, slew is off but editor is still running.    Slew keys have not been changed.   They are the FSX defaults.
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

mortonrb

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 12:58:46 am »
A little more info.   Pressing Y get you out of Slew Mode, the editor looks like it is still functioning, but F4 does not move to next location, must press Y again, so basically exiting slew is not exiting/saving file.   Add-on manager is 2-9-0-6.
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:59 pm »
The Addon Manager doesn't have anything to do with this (it doesn't have anything to do with almost everything right now...) since the 3d editor runs entirely external to it, and if there were any problems with your install, nothing would work.

I can only confirm it works fine here, the only possible explanation, if you haven't changed the default Slew key, is that another addon you have installed has subscribed to catch the Slew key so, it get the event but it doesn't pass it away, as it should.

The correct behavior for an add-on that intercepts a default key, is to give it back to FSX when it's done with it, to allow use by FSX itself or other addons that might need it too, but if it doesn't do that, the other addons won't get notified of the key, so they won't work anymore.