Author Topic: cfg  (Read 3852 times)

yancovitch

cfg
« on: January 17, 2013, 05:05:10 am »
i was just wondering ...did the cyvr install these entries in the fsx cfg?

[BUFFERPOOLS]
PoolSize=5000000
UsePools=1
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=255
[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=1
AltitudeCull=1
 when i uninstalled cyvr, these settings were still there....

with the original release  things were running ok, but after the update...stuttering was excessive

intel i7 950....asus p6t delux...asus gtx 285....corsair 777mem.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:57:27 am by yancovitch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: cfg
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:14:36 am »
i was just wondering ...did the cyvr install these entries in the fsx cfg?

No, the CYVR installer doesn't add any of this. They are added by the Addon Manager when you click the "Save to FSX" button, so it stores the values of the sliders into the fsx.cfg.

However, the values you saw which were saved are EXACTLY the same values you already had BEFORE pressing the "Save to FSX" button, because they were READ from your fsx.cfg which means, by writing them back, they were re-wrote exactly as they were, unless you moved of the slider in the Addon Manager related to those values, AND press save. In that case, it's was you the one that "changed" them.

If you had NO values at all for those parameters,  they are written using default FSX values (FSX has defaults, even if you don't have such values visible in the .cfg), which means they would have no effect compared to before. If you don't believe this, just remove them, and you'll see that nothing changed.

with the original release  things were running ok, but after the update...stuttering was excessive

Nothing has changed between releases and as I've said, the installer don't touch them, the only way to have the Addon Manager changing those settings compared to their previous values, is to open the Addon Manager, *move* their sliders AND press the "Save to FSX" button, which is what is supposed to happen.

Note that, the parameters in the [Fsdreamteam] sections, don't have any effect on the rest of FSX but, again, they haven't changed between CYVR releases and again, it's only you that can change them, moving the Addon Manager slider. The Anti-pop set to 1 might have an effect on stuttering, if you raise it, the fps might go down and memory allocation will go up, but it might reduce stuttering.

Again, no program or installer changed this value automatically on its own, unless you use the relevant slider AND Press the "Save to FSX" button.

So basically, no original setting is changed by the Addon Manager, without your explicit permission.

yancovitch

Re: cfg
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »
thank you for that info.....my fps went down to the single digits so i won't fool around with the anti pop....more learning to do  ;D  and apologies, after uninstalling cyvr, i had been checking the shortcut to the fsx cfg.....but when i went to appdata...and checked the source, those settings weren't there....i didn't realize that....will have to overclock which should give me an edge....such a great scenery.....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:25:34 pm by yancovitch »