Author Topic: Missing Jetways  (Read 8364 times)

klnowak

Missing Jetways
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:26 am »
Hello,

yesterday i bought the wonderfull scenary of Vancouver. After installing and activating there is a little problem. I just can see some jetways. All the other i`cant see like in the photos shown. Even wating for a long time to that fsx can load textures doesn`t fix that.

Then i deinstall complete scenery an reinstall it. Just the same result. Nothing to see.

http://home.arcor.de/kimnowak/Euro/Van1.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/kimnowak/Euro/Van2.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/kimnowak/Euro/Van3.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/kimnowak/Euro/Van4.jpg

Perhaps my problem is sitting 60 cm in front of the computer, or my problem is sitting between my ears, but i cant find anything to solve the problem.

Could you pleas help ?

Thanks
Klaus
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:42:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Jetways
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:43:52 am »
First, jetways don't appear at the same Scenery Complexity settings, try to raise it and see if the appear.

If your Scenery Complexity is already high, then the problem is caused by another scenery in conflict, the only thing that can exclude jetways is an AFCAD from another product, use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates at CYVR, and remove them.

klnowak

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:05 am »
Thanks for the very fast first answer. I check this out again. I look for another afcad yesterday and dont find anything. as you can see.... there are some jetways visible.... but not all.

greetings
Klaus

klnowak

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 04:05:21 pm »
Everything what could akt to the scenery is deleted now. FSADDON - VANCOUVER+ FOR FSX (V3) is also deleted. Restart FSX a few times. Settings of FSX are highest detail now. Every regulator in FSX is set to the right.

I`ve scand fsx with a free FSX Airport Scanner program.... out of any result. No scenery aktiv.

But as you can see in the following picture there is no effekt. Its the same as yesterday and this morning

http://home.arcor.de/kimnowak/Euro/Van6.jpg

And here the settings in AddonManager

http://home.arcor.de/kimnowak/Euro/Van7.jpg

Settings in FSX

http://home.arcor.de/kimnowak/Euro/Van8.jpg

I just download the installer again and will try to reinstall the scenery a last time. There must be a reason.... because i see some jetways..... but only a few. everything else is working. And i`ve no idea what else i can do.

Greetings
Klaus
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:37:53 pm by virtuali »

klnowak

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:44 pm »
new installing.... nothing changed. Same Problem

Every other Airport (like KLAS) is ok.

Greetings
Klaus
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:31:13 pm by klnowak »

klnowak

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 06:25:13 pm »
Is it right that there are only 10 files in that root of installation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\CYVR\scenery

and 4 file in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\CYVR\texture

the other airports of fsdreamteam have got more files in those roots.

Greetings
Klaus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:07 pm »
I just download the installer again and will try to reinstall the scenery a last time. There must be a reason.... because i see some jetways..... but only a few. everything else is working. And i`ve no idea what else i can do.

I don't understand why you downloaded and reinstalled the installer, as if there was something "wrong" with it, when I've clearly said the ONLY thing that can cause jetways to disappear, it's either your Complexity settings too low OR another AFCAD from another scenery.

Jetways are in the AFCAD, they are NOT handled by ANY of our software. In fact, when something doesn't work, the ONLY thing you will say it's exactly the jetways, because they are not handled in any way by our programs, and are in the AFCAD. Which means, the only thing that can exclude them (if it's not your complexity settings), it's another AFCAD.

A very unlikely chance, is some kind of video memory corruption or exhaustion. If your video card has less than 2GB, it's best you turn off the HD Textures or set then to 2048x2048, especially if you have other addons using many textures.

klnowak

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »
clearly..... but as you can see the settings are very high in my fsx. so that could not be the reason. another afcad is not activ. the only thing i can try now is to change the settings to 2048 x 2048. but therefore i need the root of the textures. in my folder there are only 4 textures (.dds).

in witch folder does the installer write all the files ? is the only folder that one ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam

i do not find any other folder for cyvr

greetings
klaus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 09:48:14 pm »
the only thing i can try now is to change the settings to 2048 x 2048. but therefore i need the root of the textures

To change to the 2048 resolution, you don't have to do anything other than selecting the appropriate option in the Addon Manager.

in my folder there are only 4 textures (.dds).

That's how is supposed to be, in the scenery folder.

in witch folder does the installer write all the files ? is the only folder that one ?

Most of the scenery and texture files are under the Simobjects\Misc folder but, as I've said, they are NOT related to jetways. Jetways are in the scenery AFCAD (AP_CYVR.BGL) and their texture (CYVR_finger*.dds) are in the texture folder.

Being in the scenery AFCAD, they are ONLY controlled by that and all the files needed are there. So, basically, the jetways are the only thing that will always work even the entire installation had gone wrong (but it hasn't, since you see the scenery)

Which means, either you have an AFCAD in conflict, or there's some kind of problem with your video card that can't draw jetways for some reason, which is why I've told you to lower the resolution to save video memory.

klnowak

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:51:20 pm »
Now i got it working  ;D

There had been fils from a very old scenery i instald long time ago. they had not been named with cyvr.... I load down every freeware-scenery from internet that is about Vancouver and search for every file in it in all fsx. A terrible work. Found three old files. After deleting these 3 files the scenery works fine.

Thanks for help.
Klaus
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:53:21 pm by klnowak »

klnowak

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »
Last question....  ;) is cyvr compatible with FSADDON - VANCOUVER+ FOR FSX (V3) if it stands above this scenery in FSX ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 10:03:05 pm »
Last question....  ;) is cyvr compatible with FSADDON - VANCOUVER+ FOR FSX (V3) if it stands above this scenery in FSX ?

Yes, it is.