Author Topic: GSX on a multi-computer cockpit setup  (Read 4434 times)

DaveLTB

GSX on a multi-computer cockpit setup
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:21:04 pm »
I am running a multi-computer system whereby when an aircraft is at an airport I can see the apron on screens controlled by 5 (sometimes 6) different PC's.
I am using P3D on some PC's and FSX on others. They all link together using Luciano Napolitano's Wideview and Widetraffic programs.

Since you indicate that there is a bulk discount for cockpit builders for GSX and CYVR you obviously must have given consideration to GSX airport traffic synchronization.
Before I lay down the price of 6x GSX and 6x CYVR I'd just like to know how you have envisaged the synchronization of the airport vehicles that GSX provides. Does it work with Wideview and Widetraffic or do you have an independent built-in synchronization feature for cockpit builders?

Umberto, could you give me a bit of information here please.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX on a multi-computer cockpit setup
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:58:57 pm »
Since you indicate that there is a bulk discount for cockpit builders for GSX and CYVR you obviously must have given consideration to GSX airport traffic synchronization.

The Volume license is the same for all products, but an airport scenery doesn't really need synchronization, provided is installed on all systems, and it wouldn't make much sense to specifically *disallow* Volume license for GSX, also because there are many ways to create an home cockpit with many PCs which would require installing a product on multiple PCs (for example, installing a scenery on several non-visual networked computers, if only to get the same navaids and runways to set ground altitude for instruments, etc.).

But GSX is different than a scenery, and it doesn't provide any specific synchronization for views, so it will probably only work on an home cockpit that uses different PC for non-visual tasks (for example, instruments, fmc, flight model, etc.) but only one, connected to a video card with multiple video outputs, for visuals.

Before I lay down the price of 6x GSX and 6x CYVR I'd just like to know how you have envisaged the synchronization of the airport vehicles that GSX provides.

You don't have to risk spending anything to test it on your system: all our products are available in Trial version, so you can install the Trial on as many system as you want, and see how they work. CYVR works for 5 minutes per session (without any limit of how many sessions you have, except you'll have to restart FSX between each one), and GSX is free to use at all FSDT and Flightbeam airports, so if you have at least one of them, you can test it there for how much time you need, and it's also free to use at two default airports, LIML and EDDM.

DaveLTB

Re: GSX on a multi-computer cockpit setup
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:18:31 pm »
Thankyou for your reply
Yes, I had forgotten the trial option. That will certainly answer all my questions.