Author Topic: Vehicles floating above the highway  (Read 8096 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Vehicles floating above the highway
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:03:58 pm »
Hi. My apologize for placing wrong threat.

Still very new to the forum thing.

Here's more photos. I double checked in scenery's library, do not see any other DFW overlapped.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicles floating above the highway
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »
Here's more photos. I double checked in scenery's library, do not see any other DFW overlapped.

I specifically asked for a screenshot that shows the *airport* more clearly, there's no need to show the cars and the road, to know if there's a conflict, I need to have a look at the airport.

villaloha

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:08:17 pm »
Hi. Attached of 7 KDFW photos of airport, I did research on forum about the bridge, I set 10 m/pixel texture resolution and 100 Mesh complexity. I also moved KDFW to the top of list in Library Scenery, does not change anything. I do not have Dallas Megascenery in my game.

I do not understand what is causing conflict?

All terminals looks great and jetways works perfectly, only spikes on the bridge and reduced visible on the runways.

Respectfully,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:17:24 pm »
There must be some other scenery that is setting the altitude. If it's a mesh scenery, it will display regardless of the order in the Scenery Library.

Other than that, your image quality is really bad, try to at least enable anisotropic filtering at 16x, using the Video card control panel, set to override the application settings.

villaloha

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:40:39 pm »
I set my video card as what you said, wow it comes out so sharp, very happy! Thank you!!

Before FSDT, it was under Blueprint Simulator, I deleted it from Library scenery and I also uninstalled it. I am assuming it should be gone totally, no?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 01:36:49 am »
Before FSDT, it was under Blueprint Simulator, I deleted it from Library scenery and I also uninstalled it. I am assuming it should be gone totally, no?

No idea, if it installed other things in the FSX folders, removing it from the library wouldn't be enough. But can't really say, never seen that scenery other than in screenshots.

villaloha

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 02:02:21 am »
I removed old hard drive and bought a BRAND NEW hard drive in hoping to see all cars on the highway. Sadly, it does not change anything. It did ask for KDFW's serial key. There is no other add ons but KDFW. I can't understand why it is still floating?  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 09:50:51 am »
I removed old hard drive and bought a BRAND NEW hard drive in hoping to see all cars on the highway. Sadly, it does not change anything. It did ask for KDFW's serial key. There is no other add ons but KDFW. I can't understand why it is still floating?  ???

As already explained in this thread from two years ago, you some other scenery in conflict that is setting the altitude. If it's a mesh scenery, it will display regardless of the order in the Scenery Library.

villaloha

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 11:45:28 am »
Does anybody know how to fix altitude mesh issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 01:23:13 pm »
Does anybody know how to fix altitude mesh issue?

First you must verify it is a mesh issue. Then you must identify which product is, and in some cases, the mesh developer has released fixing files.

Note that, this assumes you don't have ANOTHER non-mesh scenery in conflict which is setting an even different altitude with its own AFCAD, because if you have, you must also find that one and remove it. You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility to find for AFCAD duplicates at any airport.

villaloha

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 01:49:35 pm »
As said earlier, I bought new hard drive which was never installed previously. I installed KDFW and GSX the very first thing as soon as FSX is installed. No other third-party such as mesh terrian and AI traffic, nothing!!! Still am encountering the same problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm that, the only things that can change the altitude of an airport scenery are:

- Another AFCAD from another scenery (or another AI Traffic package, they usually come with AFCAD files)

OR

- Another mesh scenery