Author Topic: Error when installing Standalone Addon Manager  (Read 14337 times)

robbo747

Error when installing Standalone Addon Manager
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:15 pm »
Installed CYVR but when installing the Standalone Addon Manager, I keep getting the following error message.

"Internal Error. An attempt was made to expand the 'App' constant before it was initialized"

When I click OK, the installer continues to its finish.  The scenery appears mostly fine, with a notable exception to baggage loaders which are black.

I am using Windows 8.

Otherwise great scenery but that is what we have come to expect from the Dreamteam!

Thanks for any help

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error when installing Standalone Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:53 pm »
Installed CYVR but when installing the Standalone Addon Manager

CYVR already includes it, so there's no need to install it.

I keep getting the following error message.

"Internal Error. An attempt was made to expand the 'App' constant before it was initialized"
I am using Windows 8.

Strange, nobody reported this before, and doesn't happen on Windows 7. It's related to the installer script language, but it's difficult to say without trying first-hand on Windows 8.

One our testers that was supposed to be our "Windows 8 tester" has removed it two days after purchased it, and went back to Windows 7 in despair...

Try to log the installation, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter, not sure how you do that in Windows 8, without a Start button )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

setup_addonmanagerX.exe /log=install.log

Proceed with the installation and let it end normally. This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please )
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:26:56 pm by virtuali »

Robski

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 05:53:02 pm »
I have the same problem with windows 7 apart from KLAX keeps crashing and then telling me to update to the latest version of couatl... But I cant... I am preparing the log file now. Where should I send it? Unless you have another solution?

Thanks

Another Rob
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:59:07 pm by Robski »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:32 pm »
You should send BOTH the Couatl.LOG and the Couatl.ERR files here, they are text files, so you can just post them.

Robski

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 11:21:19 am »
I cant because "The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters)."

And I don't have a Couatl.ERR file all I have is install.LOG
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:24:08 am by Robski »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:25:54 pm »
I cant because "The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters)."

This can be fixed easily by zipping the file. However, it's strange your Couatl.LOG would be that big.

And I don't have a Couatl.ERR file all I have is install.LOG

Then you are looking at the wrong folder, there shouldn't be any install.LOG in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. Check better, be sure you are in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and look only for Couatl.ERR and Couatl.LOG. Couatl.ERR might not be there (if there weren't any errors), but Couatl.LOG will be, provided of course you HAVE enabled logging in the GSX Settings.

Robski

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »
This is all i have...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:26:43 pm »
Again, you are looking into the wrong folder.

Also, I believe you are confusing about what this thread is about, because you posted in a thread from January, and it probably doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

This thread was about a specific issue, which is the "Internal Error. An attempt was made to expand the 'App' constant before it was initialized" error message happening while installing.

You said:

I have the same problem with windows 7 apart from KLAX keeps crashing and then telling me to update to the latest version of couatl...

Are you SURE you are having the SAME problem ?

Your sentence is not very clear:

are you saying that you are BOTH getting the error in the installer AND KLAX is crashing telling to update the Addon Manager ?

OR

are you saying you just have KLAX is crashing telling to update the Addon Manager ? If this is the case, your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread, and there wasn't any need to create an INSTALLATION LOG, which was needed in case you had an INSTALLER error.

If you are getting that "Crash" (which is not a crash, it's a diagnostic indicating there was some kind of problem on the Couatl scripting engine), the message is not only saying you should update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it ALSO says to check the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR

If you are seeing that message, it's SURE that Couatl.ERR HAS been created. Fact you are posting the installation log instead, seems to indicate you are still looking in the wrong folder, because the previous instructions about how to create a INSTALLATION log file (that you don't seem to need, since I don't see any errors in your installer), explained how to create a .LOG file in your DESKTOP or in any place where you downloaded the scenery installer .exe so, if you followed those instructions, and you are seeing just the INSTALLATION log, it's fairly sure you are looking in the wrong folder.

Again, the folder where the Couatl.ERR file has been created (and it has, otherwise you wouldn't see that message) is:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR

Type this exactly as above on the Windows blank search area that is accessed after pressing the Start button, then press Enter. The correct folder should open and I'm sure your Couatl.ERR file is there.