Author Topic: Missing Terminal Buildings, suspect a Couatl problem  (Read 8787 times)

Fall_Guy

Missing Terminal Buildings, suspect a Couatl problem
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:13:58 pm »
Hi Umberto, guys.

Been playing all day with this airport (CYVR) and I can't get the terminals to display.  (as pics below).

Ive uninstalled and re-installed CYVR and also uninstalled and reinstalled the ADDON Manager, but still no terminal, just jetways.  For your information I also re-installed GSX after both the Addon Manager & CYVR, but since doing so........  I cannot get ANY of the FSX add-ons menu Couatl-powered products choices to operate, ( I mean:  Check live updates, Restart Couatl etc) they just will not do anything when selected.

Any ideas what the problems maybe?

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Terminal Buildings, suspect a Couatl problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:07:50 am »
Check here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7904.0

This user has a very similar problem (Addon Manager and Couatl disappeared), and he fixed it by repairing the FSX installation.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for getting back to me.

Have not downloaded or messed around with anything,............................just came home, switched on FSX, loaded CYVR and the FSX: Add-ons: Check live updates, Restart Couatl etc are ALL now working fine and ALL the Vancouver Terminals appear to be Visible.

GO FIGURE!!!!!!

Thanks
John

Dicko

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 10:33:12 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for getting back to me.

Have not downloaded or messed around with anything,............................just came home, switched on FSX, loaded CYVR and the FSX: Add-ons: Check live updates, Restart Couatl etc are ALL now working fine and ALL the Vancouver Terminals appear to be Visible.

GO FIGURE!!!!!!

Thanks
John
Now try flying to another FSDT airport and check whether the buildings are there?
Andrew

B777ER

Re: Re: Missing Terminal Buildings, suspect a Couatl problem
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:43 am »
Had same happen to me today as well.  First time ever.  Could not get gsx to work at cyvr. Took off and landed at fsdt klas and there was no buildings or gsx?  Shut down and reinstalled gsx. Back at klas and everything works. Took off to cyvr and landed and everything works including gsx.  Very odd.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Eric

Fall_Guy

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:17 pm »
Hi guys, have checked other FSDT airports (Klax, Klas, Kord) and ALL buildings appear to be fine..................................So went back to CYVR,  parked up, switched engines off and called up GSX.

NOTHING!....no response at all, so tried to restart, and access the GSX setting via the FSX add-on menu.  and they cannot be selected.

Having made several more attempts, to get GSX or the Add-on menus to work, each time the same problem NO INTERACTION, except once I was presented with a window option as follows:  (this text is not 100% accurate as to what the choices were).

1.  Open Canadian North Hanger
2. Open Canadian South Hanger
3. Open London Hanger.

Ive since reinstalled GSX, but I'm still having the same problems, although my terminal building are still visible.

Any ideas Umberto,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »
Do you have the GSX sub-entries under the "Couatl powered products" menu ?

Check also you key assignments, and be sure you don't have conflicting assignment between YouControl and GSX, they must be different.

Fall_Guy

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 10:11:53 pm »
Hi, Umberto

Yes,  I have the GSX sub-menu entries listed, but no option window is presented when I select any of them. (there completely unresponsive).

However, I was about to Test and see if GSX was operating at any other Airport, when upon starting FSX I received a window message for the Addon Manager update (New addon manger available etc).  So I selected to install the NEW version and having done so everything appears fine now at CYVR.

I now have All terminal buildings, GSX is working as expected, and life is good.

Many thanks for your teams excellent support and continued updates

John

idema

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:21:12 pm »
Hello! Suddenly ALL my FSDT airports disappeared today. I'm talking about CYVR-KLAXv2-KJFKv1-LSZH. I tried to deactivate and reactivate at LSZH, but nothing happens. FYI I recently installed Aerosoft AES for some airports, included LSZH, if this can help. Thank you for support!
Francesco
CPU i5 2550K *4,2ghz*-dissi Arctic Cooling Freezer 13-MB Asus P8Z68 DeLuxe Gen3-VGA Asus GeForce GTX 970 OC. 4GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB 1600mhz-SSD SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB (SO)-SSD SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB (FSX)PSU Be Quiet 730W ATX80 plus bronze-Case Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
WIN 7 P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 12:27:55 pm »
Hello! Suddenly ALL my FSDT airports disappeared today.

The usual question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under your FSX "Addons" menu ?

idema

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 12:33:48 pm »
Hello! Suddenly ALL my FSDT airports disappeared today.

The usual question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under your FSX "Addons" menu ?

Yes I do!
CPU i5 2550K *4,2ghz*-dissi Arctic Cooling Freezer 13-MB Asus P8Z68 DeLuxe Gen3-VGA Asus GeForce GTX 970 OC. 4GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB 1600mhz-SSD SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB (SO)-SSD SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB (FSX)PSU Be Quiet 730W ATX80 plus bronze-Case Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
WIN 7 P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 12:54:59 pm »
Yes I do!

You must have ignored a major update in the past, try to download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

idema

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 12:59:36 pm »

You must have ignored a major update in the past, try to download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Problem solved , thank you Umberto! I think I shall not miss any future update ! ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:18:58 pm by idema »
WIN 7 P