Author Topic: Visual Docking Guidance System?  (Read 4343 times)

Vanzunator

Visual Docking Guidance System?
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:21:00 am »
I was wondering if FSDT CYVR has any type of visual docking guidance system at any of the gates/stands (FMT, SafeGate etc.). I know in real world at least some, if not all of YVR gates have visual docking guidance system. some other airport sceneries that I have also provide them. Could you please confirm if this is an option that needs to be enabled or if there are any plans to add it as an enhancement at a later release?

Regards,

pete_auau

Re: Visual Docking Guidance System?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 09:47:10 am »
I was wondering if FSDT CYVR has any type of visual docking guidance system at any of the gates/stands (FMT, SafeGate etc.). I know in real world at least some, if not all of YVR gates have visual docking guidance system. some other airport sceneries that I have also provide them. Could you please confirm if this is an option that needs to be enabled or if there are any plans to add it as an enhancement at a later release?

Regards,

Are  you talking about  the  ques  on taxing  in the gate , if  you are  cyvr  has  them been using them  ever  since  it  came  out

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Visual Docking Guidance System?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:34:14 am »
We have docking systems at CYVR, but you need to install GSX to get them. Of course, this will work even if GSX it's in Trial mode, since it's entirely free to use at all our sceneries.

We decided to move all the GSX-related features from the scenery installers to the GSX installer. It make sense because, before GSX, all installers included the same copy of docking systems models and textures, and this is making each installer larger than it could be. Instead, downloading GSX will install the same stuff only once, saving time and bandwidth and besides, with GSX being free, there's really no reason not to install it, if only to be used at our sceneries.