Author Topic: WOW and Thank You Eh!  (Read 5111 times)

MrSpeaker

WOW and Thank You Eh!
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:26:25 pm »
This has to be your best airport to date, and its in Canada :) I knew when you first announced you were making CYVR it would be a challenge for my rig seeing how its a high end airport in a highly detailed area in my orbx scenery. Now I don't use any HD textures on the ground or in the air (my clouds) I really don;t see to much difference anyways, I also don't use any high LOD tweaks I was using 5.5 but I knew their would have to be some trade offs, Im now back to 4.5 which is the max that fsx should run at anyways. All I can say it is  the smoothest airport I own, in fact I was surprised that when I checked out my FPS that it was averaging around 20 fps, I normally don't bother checking it out, but it was so smooth I thought I had to be up in the forties at least. Anyways a big thank you, hope to see you guys do a CYYZ in the future. :)
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Re: WOW and Thank You Eh!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:51:17 am »
I have just flown my PMDG 77-400X EGLL-CYVR and have to say many thanks for making the scenery my best yet!

I used CYVR V1.1 with all installed settings at medium, and the experience was awesome. Absolutely no glitches, and I asked for the follow-me truck from 08R to gate 64, just to ensure that I could taxi around much of the airport scenery.

Can anyone tell me which gates are normally used by BA 747's?

Again, many thanks for all your efforts, Umberto!

marvic

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 06:42:40 pm »
I would agree with Mr Speaker except the CYYZ thing. Still many Canadian cities that need the FS Dream team EFFECT. The real GEOGRAPHIC center of Canada needs some good scenery,
CYWG.  ;D
Cheers, Marvic.

Xcelsior

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »
I agree 100%.  People have been asking for a high quality CYVR for flight simulator for years.  And I would have to say that FS DreamTeam got this one spot on.

@mcdonar: British Airways usually uses either 64 65 66 67 70 71 or 73.  Pretty much all of the international heavies use those gates.  I think Air Canada uses gates 53 54 55 and 58 for their international heavies.  Im not 100% sure but I am confident in my answers.  Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong of course.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 12:42:33 pm »
@Xcelsior
Many thanks for your info.
Cheers, R

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:25:20 pm »
Can anyone tell me which gates are normally used by BA 747's?

British Airways almost exclusively uses either 64 or 58 and the odd time 55. I don't recall ever seeing them at any other gate.