Author Topic: FSX Vancouver scenery library  (Read 5746 times)

mebe

FSX Vancouver scenery library
« on: January 08, 2013, 02:38:24 pm »
Hi,

I have installed Vancouver last nite. Downloaded, bought and activated with the addon manager. Eies !verything worked fine.

By acident I realized today, that the FSX scenery library lost all scenery titels, without Vancouver as No.1

All other Buttons are shown, activated according to my settings, also the priorities are indicated, as far as I checked it, also all scenerie are working, but the titles are gone, what means, that I can not identify sceneries and the corresponding priorities.

Happend to someone else ?

Any idea, what happend ?

Best regards

Bernd   
Best regards

Bernd

mebe

Re: FSX Vancouver scenery library
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:15:06 am »
No one else facing that problem or has any idea what happend ?

All sceneries work well, the "only" problem is, that I can not "see" them any more in the scenery library.

When installing additional sceneries now, those text/titles are indicated.

I don`t know, if deinstalling Vancouver and reinstalling would be an option.

When I hit the line of any scenery in the library, the corresponding path to the FSX addon scenry or FSDT file (f.e.) opens.

So finally I can identify which scenery belongs to which line in the library, but with close to 500 titles this is not a siutable solution!?

Any idea, what was the reason for that change/malfunction?

Regards
Bernd    
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:17:04 am by mebe »
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:38:32 am »
The only sure thing, it doesn't have anything to do with the installation of the scenery. It's likely a problem in your scenery.cfg, and it might be easier to check it manually, the file is located

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

make a backup first, and see in a text editor if there's something obviously wrong with it. Otherwise post it here or, better, ZIP it and send it to the support email address.

mebe

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:52:01 pm »
Could that allready be the "answer" ?

All hidden titels in the library are set to FALSE, the two visible ones (KLAS and Vancouver set to TRUE)

[General]
Title=FS9-Umweltszenerie
Description=FS9-Szeneriedaten
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
Title=Standardgel�nde
Local=Scenery\World
Texture_ID=1
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.002]
Title=Standardszenerie
Local=Scenery\BASE
Layer=2
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.003]
Title=0000 Basis
Local=Scenery\0000
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.004]
Title=0001 Basis
Local=Scenery\0001
Layer=4
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.005]
Title=0002 Basis
Local=Scenery\0002
Layer=5
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

And if so, is there a way to change it to TRUE at once ?

Tks
Bernd
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »
All hidden titels in the library are set to FALSE, the two visible ones (KLAS and Vancouver set to TRUE)

What makes an area invisible is Active=FALSE

mebe

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »
Sorry for bothering you,

but I am not sure if I made my pont accross.

The last sceneries I installed, befor I installed CYVR, were several FSDT sceneries, like KJFK etc.
After that and also before I installed CYVR the library showed all sceneries (titels) and everything worked fine.

Then, a few weeks later I bought CYVR (out from the addon manager) and installed it.

When I then called up the library, all (and only) the titel fields were blank.

But still the FSX worked fine, the missing titels did not any harm to the FSX.

The only problem is, that I can not identify which (titel) line belongs to which scenry unless I hit the line, then the corresponding file of the fsx opens.

Because I got the message from the addon manager, that KLAS was activated but not installed, I installed it again and both, the KLAS and CYVR titel is shown in the library. The rest is blank. And it happend, after the installation of CYVR.

Before I installed CYVR I opend the library, because I deactivated a freeware scenery (hook).

Then without any further action I installed CYVR. After that I wanted to open the library again in order to shift CYVR into another position and found all titel lines empty.

Again, all sceneries working fine ! It is just the question why are the titel lines blank ?

Best regards
Bernd
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 12:39:33 pm »
Again, all sceneries working fine ! It is just the question why are the titel lines blank ?

It's not possible that CYVR installation could have caused this. First, because the installer part that operates on the scenery.cfg file it's the same for all our sceneries, and it has been around for years, nobody ever reported a problem like this.

And, because the routine that add a new area to your scenery.cfg doesn't even look at the titles of your other areas, let alone changing them, it only adds the new area.

There must have been some kind of other problem in your scenery.cfg, that happened at a similar time, but it's unrelated to CYVR install.