Author Topic: FPS  (Read 48351 times)

aceridgey

Re: FPS
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2013, 08:31:34 pm »

MrSpeaker

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »
I had an issue like this a few years ago, forget what induced it but I would get massive fps fluxuations when facing or flying over a large body of water with REX and some filtering mode, to high of an Antialiasing or ansiotropic
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2013, 08:53:04 pm »
I'll arrange you a Teamviewer session with you, tomorrow.

aceridgey

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:48 pm »
I'll arrange you a Teamviewer session with you, tomorrow.

Thank you so much,

I have been rolling around the airport in the ngx spot. [looks quite amusing going through terminal buildings].

I am 100% sure, it is only a tiny part of the airport that is effect me [most areas I have locked at 30fps no problem]..

Somewhere in the middle, I think near the cars, is my issue. I look forward to solving this

Anders Bermann

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2013, 10:57:36 pm »
Hmm... I have fine FPS with a laptop with a Core i7 2630QM and 540M...

Just a suggestion... have you TRIED turning off the overclocking of GPU and CPU? Just to test if it make any difference?
Best regards, Anders

Silverbird

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:36 am »
Been reading all the posts and trying to figure out why some of you guys with I5 overlclocked are getting lower fps then some of the other members get better frame rates its very difficult since we all have different drivers and different combinations of hardware these are my settings high water and high aa will kill fps aircraft shadows also,  if used wrong or have a card that cant handle it I do hope those that are having problems finding a good balance and enjoy the hard work of the developers fsx is a pain in the butt and we have to sometimes spend time on tweaking it to maximize performance it wont be perfect but it should get better.

[BufferPools]
RejectThreshold=98304
UsePools=1
PoolSize=5000000
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:41:37 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

aceridgey

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 10:02:12 am »

Want to arrange that teamviewer session Umberto?

johnny_gitara

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 10:42:39 am »
When I bought CYVR I already had a slideshow in the sim, NGX would run around 10-15 fps, even 8 at the heavy airports. Yes, sliders were all to the right :P So I decided to do everything from scratch, reinstall and slow "retweak". now in C172s I have steady 30fps all around cyvr for example, same around klax, ksfo, kdfw, to name a few. NGX holds 18-23 in vc, spot 23-26, spot 27-30 fps.  What really boosted my frames was setting bufferpoolsize to 0, affinitymask to 20 or 13, I set textured_band_multi to 90. that doesn't mean im done with testing :) I will try to set the tweaks so that the sliders go as much to the right as possible without loosing performance.

Mind you, this is laptop, almost three yrs old, hp dv6, intel i7 2630 2 ghz, amd radeon 6490m, 4gb ram... :)
If you have any more suggestion, fell free to suggest them :)

Present settings in the fsx are: global texture: very high
                                             unchecked aircraft shadows on the ground
                                             cloud draw distance 60
                                             cloud details - max
                                             aircraft traffic 20%
                                             road traffic 10 %
and scenery setting:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:47:23 am by johnny_gitara »

G.Bosak

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29:18 am »
Been reading all the posts and trying to figure out why some of you guys with I5 overlclocked are getting lower fps then some of the other members get better frame rates its very difficult since we all have different drivers and different combinations of hardware these are my settings high water and high aa will kill fps aircraft shadows also,  if used wrong or have a card that cant handle it I do hope those that are having problems finding a good balance and enjoy the hard work of the developers fsx is a pain in the butt and we have to sometimes spend time on tweaking it to maximize performance it wont be perfect but it should get better.

[BufferPools]
RejectThreshold=98304
UsePools=1
PoolSize=5000000

Hi,

your fsx setup says you have a 660 GPU, your signature says you have a Palit 9600GT. Pls make sure there is only the actual GPU item in your fsx.cfg

You should also lower your autogen to normal, set the cloud coverage to medium and avoid using HD textures if your 660 GPU is armed with just 1024mb
physical memory.

I would also recommend limiting FPS at 30 by FSX (if you don't fly in windowed mode, kill all 3 lines in the bufferpools setting and set just

[
Code: [Select]
BUFFERPOOLS]
 Poolsize=0

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

further useful information you can find here:

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

Silverbird

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2013, 02:13:12 pm »

[BufferPools]
RejectThreshold=98304
UsePools=1
PoolSize=5000000

Hi,

your fsx setup says you have a 660 GPU, your signature says you have a Palit 9600GT. Pls make sure there is only the actual GPU item in your fsx.cfg

You should also lower your autogen to normal, set the cloud coverage to medium and avoid using HD textures if your 660 GPU is armed with just 1024mb
physical memory.

I would also recommend limiting FPS at 30 by FSX (if you don't fly in windowed mode, kill all 3 lines in the bufferpools setting and set just

[
BUFFERPOOLS]
 Poolsize=0

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

further useful information you can find here:

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

Hi G.Bosak thanks for the suggestions I'm so far good with the settings I have, about my signature below I thought I had updated so I apologize to everyone about that I'm currently using a GTX460 1gig video memory card my 9600gt is in my old system.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

skwaL

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2013, 06:26:18 pm »
A lot in flight sim is dependent on your configuration, the actual FSX.cfg. Through playing with my graphic settings externally from FSX (nvidia inspector) and FSX.cfg, I was able to get sold 30fps (locked) at a lot of airports. Not sure about others, but Imaginesim KATL, Flightbeam KSFO and Oryxsim Kelowna run perfectly on all sliders on max (besides autogen 4 and cloud density medium)

I plan on purchasing a few airports from FSDT therefore I will give it a shot and take a few screenshots for arguement matters.

SYSTEM:
Motherboard: X79 Rampage IV
CPU: i7 3820 @ 4.3Ghz
GPU: GTX 660
RAM: 16G Kingston Hyper

Lets give it a shot. I'll keep you posted.

Emamone91

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2014, 03:26:32 pm »
However, looking towards the centre of the aerodrome does eat the performance.

You don't say which side you are looking from. Because, if you are looking east, what is killing the fps is not the airport, but the default scenery+autogen behind it.

If you are looking west, towards the sea (but still with the same center terminal in view) I bet your fps is higher, isn't it ?

Hello... I need some help because a few days ago I had my systems working perfectly and suddenly the FPS on ground can hardly reach 15 fps on VC... do you have any idea of why this is happening?? I've already tried creating a new fsx.cfg, the nvidia inspector settings are ok, the DX10 Fixer it's OK, the only thing It may be (just an idea I don't know if it could be true) it's that the Nvidia graphics drivers get updated..

Hope you can help me!