Author Topic: FPS  (Read 48416 times)

aceridgey

Re: FPS
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 01:40:34 pm »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:29:02 pm by virtuali »

pete_auau

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, 02:29:40 pm »

I have used the aiport scanner, doesn't find a duplicate AFCADS but I did remove a BGL from orbx.

how  many  did  you  find   i found  2  files  in the orbox  folders
ade_ftx_pnw_cyvr_Vancouver_Int.Bgl
Ade_ftx_Pnw_vancouver_Int_cv..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 02:33:54 pm »
You still failed to provide what I've asked.

I've asked

A default airplane, in 2D panel view, without the 2D panel, and with the fps set to Unlimited. Try to set the plane in a position similar to my first screen that showed 51.2 fps, and give me the number, please.

Your position is not very similar to mine, the gauges are still there (press W again, to turn off all gauges) your airplane is turning and your fps is still not set to Unlimited.

aceridgey

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »
I was getting OOM'S before I installed ORBX

aceridgey

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 02:36:19 pm »
You still failed to provide what I've asked.

I've asked

A default airplane, in 2D panel view, without the 2D panel, and with the fps set to Unlimited. Try to set the plane in a position similar to my first screen that showed 51.2 fps, and give me the number, please.

Your position is not very similar to mine, the gauges are still there (press W again, to turn off all gauges) your airplane is turning and your fps is still not set to Unlimited.

Why does it matter if its not in EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION.. Also, the gauges are hardly going to take up performance, amazing how you even mention that. It is almost like you are trying and trying to find every single possible hole in the fact that you are not at fault here. It's pretty unbelievable. Yes the fps are not set to unlimited. I am not going to be using vancouver with them set to unlimited so why are you asking for it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 02:39:51 pm »
Why does it matter if its not in EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION..

The turning might make a difference. Not big, I agree.

Also, the gauges are hardly going to take up performance, amazing how you even mention that.

They can, it's even more amazing you don't know that. Please remove them.

It is almost like you are trying and trying to find every single possible hole in the fact that you are not at fault here. It's pretty unbelievable. Yes the fps are not set to unlimited. I am not going to be using vancouver with them set to unlimited so why are you asking for it?

AGAIN ??? I thought to have sad MANY TIMES this was just for THIS TEST'S SAKE.

bgrade

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 03:29:00 pm »
Hi Umberto, love the scenery, i too have been having the same issue as  Alex, i ran the tool didnt find any duplicate sceneries and also ive looked around carefully and didnt see any duplicate anything. I however must point out that i did experience this with the default trike in VC mode.  Last night i did a flight from FSDT KLAX to CYVR in the PMDG NGX and the frames were way better than starting at the airport in the trike strangely. This morning i tried buzzing around in the default 172 2D mode with no 2D panels and again while there was quite a bit of jumping stuttering during turns the frames were a little better than in the trike, again in the NGX there were no stuttering. I am about to do another flight in the NGX this time in the daytime to see how the frames are. I do notice i get a little better frames at night than i do in the daytime, and i dont have shadows enabled in FSX. Maybe this scenery just needs a long time to load up fully. I did encounter on 2 occasions since installing, that the scenery failed to load completely and a restart of FSX fixed that issue. My system specs are

i2500K @ 3.4 OC'd to 4.8
8 gigs memory
GTX 580 1.5GB not OC'd

and in FSX all sliders are to the right, shadows and all AI disabled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2013, 03:36:02 pm »
and in FSX all sliders are to the right, shadows and all AI disabled.

I don't think you should expect very high fps with all sliders to the right, and it's difficult without knowing better your other settings, like video card settings and your other installed add-ons.

For example, how's your fps at KLAX compared to CYVR under the same situation ? Such as a default C172, with no panel and no AI ?

bgrade

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2013, 03:59:56 pm »
The only settings i have in my video card is is with nvidia inspector and it is set exactly to this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Yea i know i definitely dont expect 40+ frames at these settings, but i do get a comfortable and acceptable for me at least 20FPS in the default 172 2D view with no 2D panel approaching KLAX low from the west over the sea. In the NGX it is around 15 to 17 at the terminal and a little over 20 on the runways.  At CYVR i was getting no more than 15 in the VC of the trike facing the parking lot and terminal.  Like i said i did get better frames in the NGX last night and am in the process right now of planning a daytime flight to CYVR to check the frames again.

The only other addons i have are REX, and im not using HD or high res clouds either, and Ground environment extreme for the US and Canada and other airport sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2013, 04:16:27 pm »
The only settings i have in my video card is is with nvidia inspector and it is set exactly to this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

As I've started reading it, I came around that red warning about AA not working in DX10, being "slow and buggy", but that's how AA looks like here, under DX10, see the screenshot, no antialiasing problems at all. I've set it as suggested in that thread, but didn't make any difference.

The issue is, that guide was last updated 1 year ago, and drivers have been improved, and many tweaks has been discovered to make DX10 usable.

The only thing I find very useful in the nVidia inspector, is the included frame rate limiter (with recent drivers), which works well, so you can leave "Unlimited" in FSX, which is faster, and limit it with the driver, which is the correct way of doing it. This allows a much smoother flight.

But that's besides the point. Can you just try with *some* of the most critical sliders turned down, to see if it makes any difference ? Like autogen, scenery complexity and scenery radius, and without too much road/boats traffic ?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:18:58 pm by virtuali »

bgrade

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2013, 04:25:11 pm »
Sure thing, I will be taking off in a few minutes adn after i land i will reduce some of the settings. Meanwhile would you mind putting up a screen shot of your current FSX slider settings so i can match them, i know i wont see the exact results but i should see something close.

Chris

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 04:35:48 pm »
Frames are fine on my side.
Picture is with standard cessna. I have PNW installed. Memory usage 1700MB. HD textures. With my iFly 737 increase to 2200MB.
I have an I7 3,4GHz with a GTX560Ti.

What increased my frames is this entry in the fsx.cfg:
[BUFFERPOOLS]
PoolSize=0

Some experts recommend this entry too:
[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1
STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

Just give it a try.

yancovitch

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 05:58:30 pm »
virtuali.....i've never seen anyone put so much heart and soul into trying to help someone before....not to mention patience :)...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:01:36 pm by yancovitch »

BillS511

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 07:13:55 pm »
virtuali.....i've never seen anyone put so much heart and soul into trying to help someone before....not to mention patience :)...
+1

aceridgey

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 08:02:02 pm »
Here is the screenshot you have asked for Umberto. This was like a slideshow for me.. fps from 5 to 60fps

http://i47.tinypic.com/sl1890.jpg

Where do we go from here

Alex
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:52:12 pm by virtuali »