Author Topic: FPS  (Read 48449 times)

aceridgey

Re: FPS
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2013, 10:11:54 am »

You guys put my hopes up then!! :P> No I have just flown in the ultralite. [fps still around 15fps in some places]. I do not have any duplicates apart from a house on one of the terminal roads. [I see the first shots did]

The difference between you guys, is that you're taking your shots far from the airfield.. True, when I am above and on approach, fps are fine.. Its when I am low and near. The OOM behaviour kicks in

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/images/gpu_cyvr_jfk_dx9.gif

This is you on the avsim forums?

Obviously the issue is in DX9 mode [that's what I am flying in].

Does this mean that we are finally both agreed? :)

Alex
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:41:28 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 10:41:07 am »
I do not have any duplicates apart from a house on one of the terminal roads.

Yes, you HAVE a duplicate, see the attached screenshot.

Obviously the issue is in DX9 mode [that's what I am flying in].

Slow fps (not caused by CYVR, but by your duplicate scenery) don't have anything to do with the use DX9. My screenshots were ALL in DX9, of course and I even slightly better fps in DX9 than DX10. But DX10 saves memory, so it might protect agains an Out of Memory crash, which wasn't your issue.

Your issue is the duplicate scenery.

Does this mean that we are finally both agreed?

No, it means that you haven't understood my last message, that CYVR obviously didn't had any problem to begin with, and your bad fps is caused by ANOTHER scenery in conflict, and your screenshot clearly shows that.

aceridgey

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 10:59:48 am »
I do not have duplicate scenery at the moment.

[my screenshot of your post above, surely indicates your scenery is putting too much stress on DX9]

I took this 10mins ago

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/aceridgey/1A-1.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/aceridgey/1B-1.jpg

I don't see any duplicates
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:01:06 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2013, 11:05:37 am »
I do not have duplicate scenery at the moment.

It's in THAT screenshot, which was one you explicitly said you should have a look at.

my screenshot of your post above, surely indicates your scenery is putting too much stress on DX9

That screenshot of yours only indicates you have a duplicate scenery. And it's exactly the opposite, THAT one probably put too much stress on your system, causing low fps. And, as I've said already, MY 51.2 fps WERE OBTAINED IN DX9.

I took this 10mins ago

It's possible the duplicate scenery is not showing now, and this MIGHT still be due to the fact your system IS under stress and can't even display it, but that doesn't mean is now slowing down anyway.

And, It's now 7th time in a row that you managed again to dodge my question:

A default airplane, in 2D panel view, without the 2D panel, and with the fps set to Unlimited. Try to set the plane in a position similar to my first screen that showed 51.2 fps, and give me the number, please.

aceridgey

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2013, 11:06:46 am »
I have reinstalled twice since the first screenshot..

How can I check if there is duplicate scenery [that is not showing up]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:02 am »
I have reinstalled twice since the first screenshot..

And what makes you think that reinstalling would remove other sceneries ? *that* would be really wrong, if we did that.

How can I check if there is duplicate scenery [that is not showing up]

By reading my former messages more carefully:

Try to use the Free FSX Airport Scanner, to search for AFCAD duplicates, and remove all the extra.

Note that, there are cases where this tool can't find a duplicate, so it's not a 100% sure proof there isn't one, even if that program can't find it.

And again, you haven't replied to my question, let's try the 8th time:

A default airplane, in 2D panel view, without the 2D panel, and with the fps set to Unlimited. Try to set the plane in a position similar to my first screen that showed 51.2 fps, and give me the number, please.

aceridgey

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:08 am »
^ I don't know what you are trying to acheive,

would a ultralite trike in SPOT VIEW and also top down view at 15fps, not enough for you?? Just look around Umberto, this is getting more than frustrating now man,

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2013, 11:34:20 am »
I don't know what you are trying to acheive,

I don't know what YOU are trying to achieve, by keep dodging the question. Isn't easier, instead of losing your time

would a ultralite trike in SPOT VIEW and also top down view at 15fps, not enough for you??

Since I've ask for this:

Right now, you haven't provided me with ANY of the above. For 8 times in a row.

Just look around Umberto, this is getting more than frustrating now man,

Yes, it's frustrating because your stubbornness about now wanting to reply to that simple question, and your failure to recognize the obvious double scenery you had in your screenshot, which was pointed to you by others even on Avsim forum, were everybody that noticed it, concurred that was the cause of your low fps. So yes, IT IS frustrating, but for me only.

aceridgey

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2013, 11:35:58 am »
Tell me in my latest screens where my duplicate scenery is..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:31 am »
Tell me in my latest screens where my duplicate scenery is..

You managed to dodge my question for the 9th time. As I've said already, it's possible it might not show up now, but is still slowing down fps. There are cases when you HAVE a duplicate AFCAD, when there's NOTHING on screen, and that is CAUSED by the duplicate too, but even if you don't see anything, it still slows down the fps.

And, since you obviously HAD a duplicate in your previous screen, either you FOUND IT and remove it, and you haven't said you did, or it's still there. Since you just ASKED "How can I check if there is duplicate scenery ?",  I can assume you haven't removed it, so it's likely still there.

Let's try again, 9th time:

aceridgey

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:48 am »
When I am finished with my current test flight [photoreal UK, with uk2000, 30fps locked in NGX] I will do the above.

Tell me how I can check if there is a duplicate afcad please. Then I will do it
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:45:16 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:20 am »
When I am finished with my current test flight [photoreal UK, with uk2000, 30fps locked in NGX] I will do the above.

I'll wait. Well, at least you don't have a duplicate scenery at an UK2000 location...

Tell me how I can check if there is a duplicate afcad please. Then I will do it

It's fairly obvious now that you don't read my messages carefully. I've explained how to check for a duplicate AFCAD TWICE, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7901.msg65205#msg65205

and HERE:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7901.msg65249#msg65249

Let's do it for the 3rd time:

Try to use the Free FSX Airport Scanner, to search for AFCAD duplicates, and remove all the extra.

aceridgey

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 11:49:28 am »

I have used the aiport scanner, doesn't find a duplicate AFCADS but I did remove a BGL from orbx.

pete_auau

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 01:19:51 pm »

I have used the aiport scanner, doesn't find a duplicate AFCADS but I did remove a BGL from orbx.

earlier in the discussion you had  said  you hadnt  installed   orbox pw  and  now  you saying  you removed  a bgl   file from orbox ?

aceridgey

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 01:30:48 pm »

I am switching between them [installed orbx last night] to see if there is an issue