Author Topic: Vancouver 1.4 / P3D v2.4  (Read 5487 times)

lima8149

Vancouver 1.4 / P3D v2.4
« on: December 04, 2014, 02:11:14 pm »
Hi,

Just bought this but no way can I get it to install in P3Dv2.4.....just shows me 3 boxes re the various installers but nothing else happens  :(

Any helps/suggestions please.............thanks

Neil/Lima8149

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vancouver 1.4 / P3D v2.4
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »
If with "3 boxes", you mean the different graphic options, you must of course click on one of them to indicate your choice, otherwise the installer won't go ahead.

lima8149

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 09:10:14 am »
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of their purpose but irrespective of which box I click ok on to select (in my case the 1st P3Dv2) it simply moves on & displays the next box. The installer never starts  ???

Neil/Lima8149

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:54:56 am »
but irrespective of which box I click ok on to select (in my case the 1st P3Dv2) it simply moves on & displays the next box. The installer never starts  ???

Sorry, but there's no clickable "box" that indicates P3DV2. The clickable boxes are ONLY used to select the graphic options:

- 1st one selects ground textures resolution
- 2nd one selects shadows textures resolution
- 3rd one selects how many seasons
- 4th one selects the texture sharpening option

BEFORE those boxes, you should have seen a message box asking if you want to install into P3D.

AFTER you click the 4th clickable box, the installation starts normally. This is what happens here, and nobody else reported a problem with it.

lima8149

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »
My apologies but I'm confused  ??? I d/loaded from the link provided by SimPlanet i.e. cyvr_fsx_setup.exe . When I open that the 1st thing I see is a window titled Setup stating the "Sim.EXE file version is 2.4.1570.0 - this product requires Prepar3D 2.0 or 2.1 or 2.2 to be installed. If click the OK box on that I get the same box except it says it requires Prepar3D 1.3.3708 or 1.4.4747 to be installed....click OK again & I get another box this time saying it requires FSX to be installed. Click OK again & nothing happens  ??? Is perhaps my problem that I also have the Estonia Migration Tool running??? Sorry to be a pain  :-[

Neil/Lima8149

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »
My apologies but I'm confused  ??? I d/loaded from the link provided by SimPlanet i.e. cyvr_fsx_setup.exe .

That's the issue. You should have said that the installer didn't recognized your P3D version, NOT that it doesn't proceed after the boxes...

First you should NOT use the download link provided by Sim-planet, because is outdated. You should ALWAYS use the download from our site, because that's the one which is guaranteed to be always updated.

The issue is, many 3rd party ecommerce sites have a limitation that, after you purchase something, you MUST download something, they cannot just present you a link (which should have been on the "Products" page of our site, where all our downloads are found), so they still host the previous release of that file.

We contacted Sim-planet and ask them to fix the problem, or at least (if they cannot just present a link) to let to you download a text file with the link, instead of the actual installer, which might be difficult for them to always keep updated with our version.

About the P3D Migration too, yes, it must be DISABLED when installing and using any addon that recognize P3D natively.

lima8149

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 07:06:47 pm »
All installed fine using your download  :). Many thanks for your help & sorry about my confusing description of the problem  :-[

Neil/Lima8149