Author Topic: GSX at CYVR  (Read 6371 times)

Paul Deemer

GSX at CYVR
« on: January 07, 2013, 03:06:12 am »
I have tried loading up the PMDG 747-400 and MD-11 at the Big gates with double Jetways. Like Gate 1 and it has MD-11 and 747-400 markings. But no matter what I do everytime I try to load GSX it says the parking spot is not big enough? Does this mean some more fine tuning needs to be done with CYVR and GSX or am I doing something wrong? I tried PHNL and did not have any problems when Parking at spot designed for the 747-400.

One other question I have. When using GSX at PHNL for example with some of the veichles and stuff already there sometimes the Catering trucks come up and run through veichle that sitting there. Is there a way to turn off FSDT stuff so that GSX vehicles have a clear path to the doors?

Update: I did some testing at PHTO, PHNL and PHKO and was able to Get GSX to work fine there. But anytime I try to get it to work at CYVR its a fail. Either I get a parking message error or if I go from one airport where its working and hop over to CYVR and then try it again for a test then the menus completely stop working. Like the menus wont come up for GSX or the Options under Couatl powered products wont display or update or etc until I completely exit FSX and then restart it. Long as I use GSX anywhere else in the world everything works fine. But it seems to have some issues with CYVR. Maybe it will work better when you release an update?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:22:03 am by Paul Deemer »

anappy

Re: GSX at CYVR
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:20:36 am »
Just edit the parking positions size and click the little airplane button, that automatically re-sizes the position tot he aircraft in the space when the button is pressed.

Paul Deemer

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:48:38 am »
I did like you set and set the value to 72 then I could get the 747-400 to be accepted. Now that I finally got it all working one last question. Is there a way to change the labels on the Luggage Bins. Like in Hawaii I see Hawiian on it. Anyway to change that to United Airlines for example?

anappy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 04:27:24 am »
I'm going to have to defer that question to someone else. Sorry.

BillS511

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:48:01 am »
Is there a way to change the labels on the Luggage Bins. Like in Hawaii I see Hawaiian on it. Anyway to change that to United Airlines for example?
Yes.
Go to your FSX folder \SimObjects\Misc
And find the following sub folders.

FSDT_Baggage_Loader

FSDT_BaggageTractor

FSDT_BaggageTractor_Closed

FSDT_Cargo_Loader

FSDT_Staircase

FSDT_Staircase_Fixed

FSDT_Staircase_large

In each one you will find a sim.cfg file. Open it and find the airline you want to add like United would be UA (airline code) Some may be three letters.
Add the airport ICAO code like the one highlighted in red. Do this for all 7 (Baggage, Cargo, and Staircase) if you desire.

sim.cfg file example from the FSDT_Baggage_Loader folder for United:
[fltsim.108]
title=FSDT_Baggage_Loader_UA
model=01
texture=UA
couatl.icaoprefixes = K KDEN KLAX KORD KSFO KIAD CYVR
couatl.atc_parking_codes = UAL,UALX,UAL,UAC,BLR,UEJ

Keep in mind that whenever there is an FSDT update GSX or probably couatl., and addon manager. One or all will overwrite the sim.cfg file and you will have to reenter the the data. Usually, before starting a flight I will check to see if I need to add the airport ICAO code.
Also when you open each sub folder you will see what airlines are available.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:50:04 am by Bill511 »

Paul Deemer

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:35:48 pm »
That seems like too much work to be worth doing at every airport manually. Maybe in Future versions of GSX they will have a menu where you can select your airline. Then if you Fly for United Airlines for example you could have all airports default to UAL.

BillS511

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 07:13:53 pm »
That seems like too much work to be worth doing at every airport manually.
Think of it as part of pre-flight. Really, it only takes less than a couple minutes to add your origin and destination airports per FS session.

Maybe in Future versions of GSX they will have a menu where you can select your airline. Then if you Fly for United Airlines for example you could have all airports default to UAL.
Yeah, and until then this is the solution.