Author Topic: Missing AI Traffic  (Read 6595 times)

BRAUN

Missing AI Traffic
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:56:57 am »
I am using My Traffic and no AI Aircraft show up at fsdt CYVR; all my other fsdt sceneries are working fine. When I look at the CYVR_AP .bgl it notes all the gate parking spaces as 'Ramp Mil Cargo' as it does in the FSX choose runway/starting position menu, is this the cause (all the other fsdt airports note the correct gate parking assignments in their AP's)? I do use ORBX PNW and followed the forum compatibility instructions and even tested it with ORBX disabled. I do not have any other conflicting sceneries. Can you suggest how to fix this problem. The scenery itself looks amazing, I can't wait to use the airport. Thanks.

BillS511

Re: Missing AI Traffic
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »
I am using My Traffic and no AI Aircraft show up at fsdt CYVR; all my other fsdt sceneries are working fine. When I look at the CYVR_AP .bgl it notes all the gate parking spaces as 'Ramp Mil Cargo' as it does in the FSX choose runway/starting position menu, is this the cause (all the other fsdt airports note the correct gate parking assignments in their AP's)? I do use ORBX PNW and followed the forum compatibility instructions and even tested it with ORBX disabled. I do not have any other conflicting sceneries. Can you suggest how to fix this problem. The scenery itself looks amazing, I can't wait to use the airport. Thanks.

'Ramp Mil Cargo' refers to the type and size of parking space. It is also used for other airports by other developers. After looking at the CYVR AFCAD file all the parking spots have airline codes assigned. As to why you are not seeing traffic I can't answer. I use Ultimate Traffic 2 and it works fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:16:06 pm »
The parking stands are labeled as Military, in order to get rid of default ground vehicles, but it doesn't have any effect on the AI assignment, especially if parking spaces have airline code assigned, and they have.

It's likely your problem is caused by a duplicate AFCAD, probably the one that came with My Traffic itself, which must be removed.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 12:32:56 am »
Turn of the aircraft shadow (that casts on ground) see if that helps.

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

BRAUN

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »
Thank you all for your help. It turned out to be an erroneous traffic.bgl file from an addon airfield I rarely visit (Sandspit X) sending it's once a day Air Canada Dash 8 flight to CYVR. Wasn't an AFCAD exactly. Happy flying in beautiful BC. 

Brian S

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »
I do not see any assigned parking in the AFCAD for the following airlines that handle regularly scheduled passenger service from the south terminal or nearby.

ORK  Orca Airways
PCO Pacific Coastal
BHA Hawkair
KDC KD Air
NTA Northern Thunderbird Air

I did not notice any assigned parking for EVA Eva Airways or CSC, Sinchuan Airlines at the international terminal.

Others that I did not notice upon first glance are CJA Canjet, GLR Central Mountain Air, or MPE, Canadian North. 

Also do not see any assigned parking for ABX in the cargo area.

What is that airline code NOH throughout Terminal B?  I don't understand that ICAO code, nor do I have anyone parking there.

Thanks in advance. 

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:27:48 am »
 Just edit and add the codes to your own liking.

I've got everyone parking where they should, have been tweaking it since release.