Author Topic: No buildings at destination  (Read 52785 times)

bgrade

Re: No buildings at destination
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 03:25:00 am »
I too have had this happen, only at CYVR though.  It almost always happens when starting at CYVR in the NGX, landing at CYVR in the NGX from another FSDT scenery the problem doesn't exist. Starting there with less memory intensive or default planes the buildings are there 8 or 9 out of 10 times.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 03:47:31 am »
Couatl stops responding on a long flight, it is in the menu but is non responsive. My question is why is couatl non responsive after a long flight with CYVR installed and responsive without CYVR installed??????

We are trying to understand it. It's hard to replicate, because it might depends on other addons installed, as if Simconnect itself was clobbered with data and couldn't keep trace with everything, so it stops talking with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 12:32:14 pm »
I have other addons that use simconnect and they don't stop talking

That's not what I've said, I've said because it's stopping to talk with *Couatl* without any reason and without any error. It's not stopping to talk with the Addon Manager either.

The facts are simple, install CYVR couatl/addon manager becomes unresponsive but are present in the drop down menu, restore computer to before CYVR was installed but still with the latest couatl and addon manager and all sceneries work fantastic-that is the buildings and ground textures are present on arrival. I have done everything you have asked and as I said the issue remains because it hasn't been addressed.

You forget to say the most important thing: on YOUR system. The issue has been obviously addressed, and has been fixed for everyone, right now you are amongst a couple of users that still reporting it.

That doesn't mean we consider it closed, but in order to work on it and find a definitive fix that will work even on YOUR system, we must to be able to replicate it first.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »
Why would every FSDT airport plus gsx work flawlessly without CYVR and not with CYVR on my system?

If we knew exactly *why* it doesn't work on your system only, we would have fixed it already. What makes it different than *other* FSDT products, is the dynamic shadows, that none of them has, and that requires more traffic on Simconnect, which normally WORKS for everybody else.

Every single payware scenery works without issue apart from this particular scenery

Not a single payware scenery (including our own) has that feature.

.What have you obviously done to address the issue?

I've sent you a file to test:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7875.msg65241#msg65241

Which fixed the problem for everyone else (since it's now included as standard with the update) so the issue HAS obviously obviously addressed, fact that this hasn't *fixed* the issue on YOUR particular system, doesn't mean it hasn't been addressed.

As I've said, I don't consider the case to be entirely closed, but it's impossible for us to fix something we don't can't replicate in any way. If we at least get many other reports, we could at least see a pattern and start asking users what ELSE they have installed, and maybe find a source of conflict even without being able to replicate it.

But with no such reports, there's no much we can do. I can probably send you another file to test, but undertand that is just a blind shot, since there's no way I can replicate it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:48:37 pm by virtuali »

B777ER

Re: Re: No buildings at destination
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 07:17:07 pm »
I am having this issue as well.  Buildings at fsdt airports disappearing with only gates visible.  Started after installing cyvr. Downloaded and reinstalled latest addon manager and it fixed it until again now getting it at other fsdt airports. Think I May have to uninstall cyvr until this gets sorted.

As well I have not installed anything else as of late.  This problem only started after installing cyvr.  I also do not have any other scenery for this area.

Just saw that test fix file.  Will try that on Wednesday when I am back home. Does this address coualt issue where it stops working?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 07:57:14 pm »
ìJust saw that test fix file.  Will try that on Wednesday when I am back home. Does this address coualt issue where it stops working?

Unlikely, because it has been already included in the 1.1 update, I'll have you test a newer one.

Andrew737

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11:19 am »
I repeat I have DONE everything you have asked. I dont give a toss

Outrageous!!!
Regards Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 01:00:54 pm »
I repeat I have DONE everything you have asked. I dont give a toss if others work, mine doesn't. If a fix isn't available I respectfully ask for a refund, frusrated is an understatement

We'll keep sending you new fixes to test. We want to solve the issue, even if it affects just you another user right now. Refund is not an option, because it won't help anyone understanding the problem.

yancovitch

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »
my gosh!...even if this product didin't work well for me, and very well for others, i would be totally happy to have contributed to those who created it, and say keep up the good work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 02:37:35 pm »
Try this updated file (put into the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\common folder ) and please note if there's any difference.

B777ER

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 01:37:48 pm »
ìJust saw that test fix file.  Will try that on Wednesday when I am back home. Does this address coualt issue where it stops working?

Unlikely, because it has been already included in the 1.1 update, I'll have you test a newer one.

I did not have the 1.1 update installed yet. I just now installed it and will be flying to CYVR in a few from Salt Lake. Will let you know.
Eric

skwaL

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 02:39:57 pm »
It happened to me,after I messed around with fsx config I just reinstalled add on manager

Dicko

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 05:20:27 am »
Try this updated file (put into the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\common folder ) and please note if there's any difference.
Still the same, would you suggest uninstalling and reinstalling all of my FSDT sceneries?
Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 12:45:22 pm »
Still the same, would you suggest uninstalling and reinstalling all of my FSDT sceneries?

Don't do anything that I haven't explicitly said to do. To be sure you haven't made a mess, do exactly the following:

- Download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager

- Replace ONLY the file posted above, don't do anything more.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 01:45:20 pm »
As stated in the post above I tried that file and nothing changed. In the post you deleted I explained that couatl stopped responding after about 5 minutes from leaving CYVR. I downloaded the latest addon manager also.

The post was deleted because of the foul language you used. This was highly uncalled for.

You are not listening.........couatl stops working but only after CYVR install. Thank god for Acronis and a backup without CYVR!

I'm obviously listening. There's no need to revert to such extreme measures like Acronis backup. The problem is most likely that file I've posted, which is NOT used by any other scenery than CYVR which means, if you uninstall CYVR with its normal uninstaller, it should be more than enough.

However, that doesn't help anybody so, even if you are still the only one (maybe there are two users in total) with this problem, that doesn't  mean we will not keep trying again, but you MUST keep CYVR installed, otherwise it's not use trying, because that file doesn't do anything without CYVR.

I'll send you another one soon, and another one too, until we find what is causing this on YOUR system only.