Author Topic: No buildings at destination  (Read 52783 times)

Dicko

No buildings at destination
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:18:06 am »
Pre CYVR install FSX working perfectly, after install no buildings when approaching destination airport but jetways visible. No runway markings no taxiwat markings. This was departing CYVR and arriving KLAX. Not a happy camper!!!!!!! Couatl and addon manager present in the drop down menu and taskmanager indicates couatl.exe is running. Restart FSX again and all buildings are visible.

I would appreciate some advice.
Thanks
Andrew
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:19:34 pm by Dicko »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings at destination
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 05:47:23 pm »
Since nobody has reported this problem, it's difficult to see what can cause this. As a general rule, you should never, ever, "downgrade" anything in the Addon Manager. Install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, to replace the correct versions, and try again.

Since GSX it's free to use at all our airports, there's no reason not to install it. From the GSX menu, you can enable logging of errors in the GSX Troubleshooting page, do that and, the next time it happens, post your Couatl.err log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »
Seems strange that older version works and the new version seems to fail after a long flight and not allow the buildings, runways and taxiways to show only the jetways.

Can you please try doing what I've asked ?

johnny_gitara

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:11:19 pm »
I flew from CYVR without any issues, such a lovely job you guys have done, but on arrival to KSFO all the airport's buildings were gone, relocated myself to KLAX, no buildings either. Restarted the FSX, there they are, all fine. I tried manually restart Couatl from the menu nothing happened, tried clicking the Update, nothing either. I just enabled the error reporting so will report if and when it happens again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:01 am »
Could you please check if it happens only if you departed (or landed) at CYVR or, if it happens even if you start a flight on another FSDT airport and land on another FSDT airport, without ever loading CYVR ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 01:04:25 am »
After already spending a far amount of time trouble shooting the issue before the restore I will not reinstall CYVR untill a reason for this occurring is identified.

You can test this just as effectively even without reinstalling CYVR, but it's of paramount importance you have everything else from FSDT is current. Which usually boils down to installing all the sceneries, then GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as last.

If, under the most current configuration, you don't see the problem when departing from an FSDT airport and another FSDT airport (but you did noticed when departing or arriving at CYVR when you have it installed), that information it's useful enough to know for us, in order to at least figuring out what could cause it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 02:33:02 am »
When I installed CYVR it updated the Addon Manger to the latest version so why is there a need to install it again after the scenery is installed?

There's obviously not need to.

But you said yourself you REMOVED CYVR and don't want to install it again so, in order to make a meaningful test with the OTHER FSDT sceneries, you should at lest be sure that everything related to the Addon Manager is updated.

You shouldn't try to figure out *what* is causing the problem, that would be our job. And, the information we need right now, is exactly what I've asked:

- Install all the other FSDT sceneries, except CYVR, if you don't want to (which is what you said)

- Then install the latest Addon Manager, just to be sure.

- Then try to make a flight from an FSDT airport to another FSDT airport, and see if you still have the problem.

This is what I've asked you to do, because this is what I need to know. If you were willing to reinstall CYVR (you said you weren't) it would have been enough to install it and make the "other FSDT-airport TO other FSDT-airport" test just the same.

But since you said you didn't wanted to reinstall CYVR, I've told you to install the latest Addon Manager, in order to be able to do that test without installing CYVR.

Regardless if you think the problem is the Addon Manager update as it is, it might not, because what it *does* changes depending if you go to CYVR or not, which is why I've asked to do THAT test in THAT way: it's because I might have a clue, but I need confirmation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:47 am »
I then took a flight from KSFO to KLAX and the buildings were there on arrival! So the addon manager by itself (as you pointed out) didn't cause the issues but CYVR did.

I was quite sure of that.

Now, since you installed the latest Addon Manager, you have everything updated just as you had CYVR installed. I believe you should be able to install CYVR without any problem, because the problem was likely *going* there, is not the installer "broken" the other sceneries in any way. If you do that, I could send you some modified files to test at CYVR that might make some difference.

BillS511

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 01:21:09 pm »
I then took a flight from KSFO to KLAX and the buildings were there on arrival! So the addon manager by itself (as you pointed out) didn't cause the issues but CYVR did.

I was quite sure of that.

Now, since you installed the latest Addon Manager, you have everything updated just as you had CYVR installed. I believe you should be able to install CYVR without any problem, because the problem was likely *going* there, is not the installer "broken" the other sceneries in any way. If you do that, I could send you some modified files to test at CYVR that might make some difference.
At the moment I have it only for FSDT airports but am seriously considering purchasing for use at all airports.
Thanks
Andrew
It's available at all airports as it is now. Nothing else to purchase or install. That's what makes it so great.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:40 pm »
I don't really know what you are trying to say but I am a little hesitant to install CYVR as it is as finally my system is all OK again.

Your system has always been ok.

I departed CYVR and arrived at the other FSDT airports to find no buildings, I actually never approached Vancouver. By installing CYVR again would the same process happen as before with the same result? What is going to be different?

As I've said, the problem was probably *being* at CYVR, regardless if you started from there or landed there.

Can't you just BELIEVE what I'm telling you, and do what being asked ?

I obviously know what's inside the CYVR installer and what's inside the Addon Manager installer, and there's no difference whatsoever, except the actual scenery files, whatever is causing the problem, doesn't happen unless you GO to CYVR. Installing CYVR wasn't the issue in the first place, being there probably was, your latest test is giving me already confirmation of this, if you install CYVR I could send you some possible fixes to test, so the problem would not appear, but they obviously require having CYVR installed and going there, otherwise there's no point even trying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »
bump

Don't you find a bit excessive bumping a message only an hour after your last one ? You know, people sometimes do silly things like eating, answering the phone or similar...

BillS511

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 08:33:54 am »
Being at CYVR means you started your flight there or landed there or flew in the vicinity of CYVR. So, being at CYVR may have somehow caused a glitch when you were at KSFO or another FSDT airport.
If I were in your shoes I would move your fsx.cfg file to another folder, then start FSX and let it create a new fsx.cfg file. Load FSX at CYVR and the aircraft you were flying. Don't change any settings within FSX.
It may look ugly but hey. My first guess is maybe there is a bad entry in your fsx.cfg file. You will have to reinstall your FSDT CYVR before you do this of course. So, if the buildings are all there then we can assume something in the fsx.cfg was bad. If the problem still exists we will have eliminated the FSX.cfg file as the culprit. And try something else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 10:36:42 am »
Dicko, try the attached file, to be put into the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\common folder, and see if it makes any difference. You'll notice the scenery will be build up a bit slower than usual when starting a flight or changing season, but that's normal.

iforrage

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 05:55:47 pm »
I should note that I do NOT have CYVR, and this problem started after the release.  I can depart any airport (including FSDT) and everything is fine, and when I get to an FSDT airport, no buildings.  Happened yesterday PHNL to KLAX.  I assume the problem lies somewhere in the addon manager, which I have installed the latest.
-Jesse

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 10:39:34 pm »
The problem is never the Addon Manager, because it doesn't handle the creation of buildings. You should instead check if the Couatl menu is still there when this happens and report back.