Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 4814 times)

ron6468

First Impressions
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »
I have the ORBX sceneries plus Vancouver 3 City and this is the perfect addon to complete the package. Couple small complaints; the grass is over scale, several of the static aircraft, especially in GA area are not DX10 compatible. Also a few of the GA biz jets look like something from FS2004 rather than FSX quality.
Generally though, it's one of the finest large airport renderings I've seen so far and since I've been to CYVR on business and pleasure many times, I'm right at home.
I can suggest to anyone considering making the move to full time DX10, that this airport will look even better and will improve performance considerably.
Win7-64, Intel i7-980X-4.4Ghz, GeForce 660OC, 12GBRam, ASUS Rampage MB, SSD-180/480, WD1TB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:56 pm »
the grass is over scale

That's of course intentional, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see it.

several of the static aircraft, especially in GA area are not DX10 compatible.

We don't have any static airplanes in the GA area. The only static airplanes are 3 seaplanes on the small dock, and are default FSX libraries, which are all fully compatible with DX10. Those 3 are the only default objects, together with the navaids antennas. If you are seeing other airplanes, they are not coming from our scenery.

Also a few of the GA biz jets look like something from FS2004 rather than FSX quality.

Ditto.

ron6468

Re: First Impressions
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:26 am »
No static airplanes! Well, I will immediately advise those pilots to remove their subpar aircraft product from the airport.
Thanks, good to know  :)
Win7-64, Intel i7-980X-4.4Ghz, GeForce 660OC, 12GBRam, ASUS Rampage MB, SSD-180/480, WD1TB