Author Topic: Serious problem with XPOI - It is not working !!!  (Read 6838 times)

aymanbakr

Serious problem with XPOI - It is not working !!!
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »
Hello,

I've problem with my XPOI. I bought it several months ago and it was working very good. Several days ago, I bought a new laptop, I transferred, as described in this forum, the file: FSDreamTeam_XPOI to my new laptop. After installation the software, I double clicked the file then opened the simulator and entered my serial number. XPOI was working fine for two days, but suddenly it stopped working.

I can describe the details of the problem in the following points:
 - I cannot see any geonames or facilities.
- Sometimes, I see only one or two icons with the green leg or sometimes without it. The icons are seen only around the airplane.
- Wikipedia names are working fine, I mean I can select or search from the menu and see the arrow to the POI, I also can open wiki pages. However after few seconds it gives me the following error: an error has occurred in the script on this page – line: 35, char: 802, error: member not found, code: 0, URL :http:/…. And then do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes, no. what ever I choose the game get minimized and I go to the desktop

- I can search for POI and wrap to it but I can not see the names!!
- All the setting on XPOI are set to maximum
- I tried to re-install the program, even removed and re-installed FSX with no resolution of the problem
- I use avast antivirus. The problem exist even after removal of the antivirus
- I’m using windows 8. I allowed XPOI files through its firewalls
- The problem happened after installing REX plus overdrive. However, I removed everything and reinstalled fsx and the problem still exists!!

I'm really very frustrated  :'(. I enjoyed a lot XPOi. Please tell me how can I let it work

Thanks

Ayman Bakr

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Serious problem with XPOI - It is not working !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:22:33 am »
I've just checked XPOI now, and it works normally, showing all POI icons at CYVR too. Try to download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager, with XPOI installed.

aymanbakr

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 01:43:12 am »
Thank you for your quick reply.  I already downloaded the stand alone addon manager. the problem still exists :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:36 am »
Thank you for your quick reply.  I already downloaded the stand alone addon manager. the problem still exists :(

Since I can't replicate it, the only possible explanation might be something related to your internet connection, like a firewall.

And the javascript error messages are probably related to your internet explorer settings. Note that, that javascript file is running on the Wikipedia page, XPOI doesn't do anything other than launching a browser (which is IE without a GUI) on that site.

Another thing to try, is to remove the XPOI.INI file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, this will reset XPOI settings to default.

aymanbakr

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:29:18 am »
hello again.

I did what you suggested and deleted the file but Same problem !! 

by the way, I think facilities don't need internet, right ?  when I select to show them, sometimes I see only one (the airport where my plane is parked in) I cannot see as before many around the horizon. really strange problem!!

by the way, I tried my old laptop (it runs the XPOI in trial mode as I selected to de-activate that pc from the coutl menu before I installed it in the new laptop), it works fine in the trial area. My conclusion, the problem is related to my new computer with windows 8

Also, I gave administrative privilege to  FSX.exe and couatl.exe files and also configured them to run in compatibility mode. Same problem!!