Author Topic: DbgLogs Folder appeared after CYVR install  (Read 7199 times)

Dicko

DbgLogs Folder appeared after CYVR install
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:34:09 pm »
Does anyone know what the DbgLogs folder is? It appears in My Documents and reappears after it is deleted when fsx is started, I noticed this after the installation of CYVR.

Thanks

Andrew

Dicko

Re: DbgLogs Folder appeared after CYVR install
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:38:08 am »
Can one of the devs please tell me what this folder is? I restored my computer to an earlier time when CYVR was not installed, installed CYVR and when I start FSX the folder appears even after deleting it. It is confirmed the folder appears after this scenery install!
Thanks
Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 02:57:31 am »
It's an just empty folder.

Yes, it appears after installing any of our products, because we have a diagnostic version of the Addon Manager that we send to users to troubleshoot specific issues. The normal version doesn't log anything, but the folder is created anyway, because of a 3rd party library we use to do logging, that creates that folder just by being included, even if nothing is actually logged into.

It's of course entirely harmless, and nobody is writing anything into it, which means there's no processing time lost to log or disk space taken, not in the normal version of the Addon Manager at least.

Dicko

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:20:30 am »
Thanks Umberto
Andrew