Author Topic: Texture ground Flickering **SOLVED**  (Read 56791 times)

Manta

Re: Texture ground Flickering
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 04:13:48 pm »
But if you are having flickering in standard VC or 2D views, and you have the Mesh settings and Complexity as indicated on the manual (note they should be at *that* setting of 5m/pixel not less, but even not more), then it's something caused by another scenery.

Which it was my issue. I have both Opus and Ezca, but once I solved the .bgl file shimmering, these two kind of cameras don't give me any problem, at least so far.

krwynn

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 05:29:22 am »
Confirming this only happens in VC view from the pilot side only.
Freeware Developer - FSX Pompeii Italy and Mount Vesuvius

nevetrek

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 11:47:03 am »
Do you use Opus or other programme modify your native V.C. FSX camera ? Or an aircraft with specific camera ?
For me, this flickering happend again only when I use the not native camera FSX ... ( Fsrecorder camera, Opus, Ezdok, camera vieuw ...)
I not have this problem with other FSDT scenery exept Bergen from cloud 9.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:27:51 pm by nevetrek »

krwynn

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »
Do you use Opus or other programme modify your native V.C. FSX camera ? Or an aircraft with specific camera ?
For me, this flickering happend again only when I use the not native camera FSX ... ( Fsrecorder camera, Opus, Ezdok, camera vieuw ...)
I not have this problem with other FSDT scenery exept Bergen from cloud 9.

No Opus. No modification to native camera. No EZDOK.
Freeware Developer - FSX Pompeii Italy and Mount Vesuvius

epos

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »
I've found a solution that works for me. Since Umberto said that could be a software like OPUS or EZCA the cause of the flashing textures, I took the original camera.cfg from my second pc with a standard FSX + Acceleration installation (no addon) and made a comparison with the one on my main pc.
I've found that the only difference was in two camera views:
[CameraDefinition.999] Title = "OpusFSX External View" and [CameraDefinition.002] Title = Virtual Cockpit
These two views had the following line in my main pc camera.cfg file (the one with flashing textures) which are not present in the original FSX camera.cfg file:

ClipMode=Minimum

I deleted this line in both views and now all the flashing textures are gone with OPUS camera active and working as before.

Hope this can help others solve the problem but remember to make a backup copy of your camera.cfg before making any change to it.

tod

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 12:51:34 am »
Good post. This solution also worked for me as a EZDOK user. After I deleted the Clipmode=minimum line in both the VC and Locked Spot Views, I flew around CYVR, and did a full flight from Kelowna CYWL to CYVR - no more flickering. Solved for my setup!
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

vince272

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:54 am »
I have no clipmode= minimum in my FSX camera CFG file and I still have the flickering on approach. But goes away as I get near. I use Ezdoc. I have no other scenery on my computer at this time.   ???

sososo93

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 03:29:32 pm »
i have purshased your product i have a big problem with Flickering  texture when approching the airport,testing all issues in the forum nothing for me ,plz help for this problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 03:57:02 pm »
i have purshased your product i have a big problem with Flickering  texture when approching the airport,testing all issues in the forum nothing for me ,plz help for this problem.

As already discussed in the forum, the flickering can be caused by any one of these:

- Another scenery in conflict

- An add-on program that creates custom camera views with the ClipMode=Minimum, this should be removed

- Mesh Settings not as in the CYVR manual (5 mt/pixel at 100 Complexity)

And, if you have flickering in Top-down view, that's normal and can't be solved in any way, all our sceneries starting from KDFW are the same.

vince272

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 10:22:53 pm »
OK
No addon seanery.
mesh at 5m
complexity 100
no clipmode=minimum
In vc not top down view on final app.

Getting tired of being told its on are end when lots of us are having problems.
If I fly to klas KJFK or other FSTD airports that I have I do not get this.
One day you guys will find a solution that really works and all of use will say told you so.
Sorry for being harsh but thats how I feel right now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:13 pm »
Getting tired of being told its on are end when lots of us are having problems.

"Lots of us" are exactly 6 different people that posted here, with 3 of them having the problem solved by removing the ClipMode=Minimum and one not really minding the problem.

If I fly to klas KJFK or other FSTD airports that I have I do not get this.

Every area is different and chances for a conflict with something else depend on the area, the settings and what else you have installed.

One day you guys will find a solution that really works and all of use will say told you so.

Since there's no flickering for 99% of users, there's no solution needed on our side. The only solutions that works are those already explained above: finding a conflict caused by something else, fixing the camera cfg file and keep the scenery setting as suggested.

You said you did all of them but, since the mesh/complexity and the ClipMode=Minimum are easy to test, it can only mean you have a conflict caused by something else that you still haven't found yet.

Of course, I can only speak of KNOWN solutions. It's possible someone might find another solution for a problem caused by something else (like the ClipMode=Minimum) that still doesn't require we have to "fix" anything in the scenery. We would never have the time to test a scenery with any possible add-on out there.

THAT'S what the Trial is made for: to allow you to test the scenery on YOUR system, using YOUR combination of add-ons and settings.

vince272

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2013, 05:05:50 pm »
I just want to get it to work as good as the other FSDT addons.
I have no other addons other then fstd airports as I rather have good FPS then nice grounds as I am 40000ft above it.
I also just added 2 aerosoft airports in Europe and have no problems with them.

When I fly to KLAS or KJFK with no setting changes I do not get the flickering.

Was thinking last night about something. If the old scenery is showing its self buy flickering then can you guys raise the airport height so it does not happen? I am talking about raising it buy 1 ft or so.

Also would it not be better to load the scenery a bit smoother? Instead of loading it all at 10 nm away how about load ground at 30nm then buildings at 25nm then rest of textures at 15nm. Just a thought I had last  night. I am in no way a programmer. Just giving my thoughts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »
Was thinking last night about something. If the old scenery is showing its self buy flickering then can you guys raise the airport height so it does not happen? I am talking about raising it buy 1 ft or so.

As I've said, since we don't see any flickering, and the vast majority of user don't either, there's nothing to fix in the scenery, because the problem is caused by something else. Are you sure it's the default scenery showing up and not something that *looks* like default, but it's an AFCAD for another scenery ?

Also would it not be better to load the scenery a bit smoother? Instead of loading it all at 10 nm away how about load ground at 30nm then buildings at 25nm then rest of textures at 15nm. Just a thought I had last  night. I am in no way a programmer.

Surely not, because we don't want to impose the CYVR memory footprint to other airports in the area. As always, smoother flight doesn't go together with memory consumption, to get a more seamless loading, you have to take more memory, but this will result in risking more OOMs.

With our method, you can be *sure* that outside 10NM, not a single bit of memory is being used by CYVR, which is not the case with sceneries made entirely with BGL, where the loading is entirely handled by FSX, which is known for loading BGLs for areas even thousands of miles away from the airplane.

vince272

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 09:24:14 pm »
So how do I look for other AFCAD files as I know i do not have other scenery but will give it  a shot.

If there is a program to do this please give me the link as I can not find one out there that I feel I can trust.

Will try a flight from cyyc to cyvr tomorrow and disable EZDOC to see if that gets rid of it.

B777ER

Re: Re: Texture ground Flickering
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »
I saw this today,  this ground flickering.  Saw it on approach to 26R. About 5 to 10 miles out it started. Saw what appeared to be this bleed through from underneath.  Though the flickering was white. I don't have any other scenery for this area other than UTX/GEX. Never had any other scenery for this area.  It almost looked like the issue people were having with PHNL and the bleed through issues we were having there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Eric