Author Topic: Texture ground Flickering **SOLVED**  (Read 56466 times)

vince272

Re: Texture ground Flickering
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 02:19:52 am »
what was the solution for PHNL? If there was one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re: Texture ground Flickering
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:38 pm »
I saw this today,  this ground flickering.  Saw it on approach to 26R. About 5 to 10 miles out it started

You don't say if it *ended* when you went closer. It's a big difference if it did, if it's a conflict, it shouldn't go away in any case.

RYR345

Texture ground Flickering out of VC view on approach
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2013, 10:11:33 pm »
New here, so hello to Umberto and all the users.

According to my "subject" title, like others, i am also affected by this unusual heavy texture flickering. Never experienced that at any FSDT airport before or at any other payware airport. Just took two days of troubleshooting without success. Used all the advices in that forum. I did for testing:

-enabled/disabled UTX areas in scenery lib.
-disable EZDOK within FSX menue (not had any "clip" entry in camera.cfg)
-switched FTX Central to default/North America
-no ENB Mod in use
-using GSX
-removed ORBX bgl´s/used airport scanner. No combination did a solution
-FSDT CYVR is above FTX in scenery lib.
-renewed fsx.cfg
-See nvidia inspector settings attached (using 4xAA + 2x Sparse grid Super Sampling)
-See screenshots (hardly visible) at two test screenshots
-FSX mesh res is 1m
-FSX mesh complex is 100

This massive flickering is only out of aircraft VC view. 2D view i have not checked yet.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:04:31 pm by RYR345 »

Westiez

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 12:13:26 am »
You wouldn't believe how much this bugged me when filming my little clip for the contest! Soon as i moved the camera up about 1000ft it was already flickering.

RYR345

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 12:03:25 pm »
Maybe another information for Umberto to detect the cause:

Umberto talked about the general issue when in external view (on top view) directly above the field which generally cannot be solved at the moment. That issue i know about at many of the ORBX airports as well. In specific angles and zoom levels there is heavy ground/taxiway/rwy/ flickering.

For example in approach configuration when on GS angle or above or below GS flickering starts when CYVR becomes visible. That flickering is visible all the way on approach and stops short before ground contact (touchdown). The heavy (approach)flickering at FSDT CYVR is the same style and type as when i am on top view as written at the beginning of my post. The known "on top view flickering" is exactly same type, intensity, colors, as type/style of flickering when i am on glide path/above/below from any direction and only out of virual cockpit, not in external view.

Is it possible that the installer has something to do having that issue? Are the resolution settings selected from the installer maybe a cause many customers have that issues?

Kind regards
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:45:19 pm by RYR345 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 02:54:44 pm »
We know exactly what causes the top view flickering and THAT one can't be solved.

The flickering while approaching in normal VC doesn't happen, not as described.

Even if it "looks" similar (all z-fighting looks similar), it's not the same issue but, while we know about the top-down view flickering and can replicate it easily (it's just there and will not go away), I can't see ANY flickering when approaching from normal glide path angles or, in any case, no flicker stays until just before touch down, as described.

Yes, we can tweak the scenery to lessen the problem but, the very fact we ARE seeing different things (and of course, everybody would reported it just the same) should be proof enough the problem is not just the scenery, but might become worse when something else is installed.

It MIGHT be video-card related too, because z-fighting is related to z-buffer precision and bit depth so, for example, some tweaks related to z-buffer setting might improve/worse the situation.

Hnla

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2013, 03:17:39 am »
Got this also, however, it does indeed go away as I get CLOSER.

I'm almost 99% sure it's caused by the FXAA Injector Tool, (a form of ENB).

My "flickering" isn't in the Virtual Cockpit view, most usually in spot.

It doesn't really bother me that much, but I just thought I would post this.

maxam66

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2013, 02:04:44 am »
[CameraDefinition.002] Title = Virtual Cockpit
These two views had the following line in my main pc camera.cfg file (the one with flashing textures) which are not present in the original FSX camera.cfg file:

ClipMode=Minimum

I deleted this line in both views and now all the flashing textures are gone with OPUS camera active and working as before.

Hope this can help others solve the problem but remember to make a backup copy of your camera.cfg before making any change to it.

Thanks epos, removing ClipMode=Minimum from "[CameraDefinition.002] Title = Virtual Cockpit" fixed the ground flickering for me.  After reading a handful of post's here at this forum the situation is resolved.  I had Opus installed quite a while ago and I think that is what edited my camera.cfg file.  I couldn't figure out why at one time there wasn't any flashing then all of the sudden CYVR looked really bad from the air.

I am glad that I didn't post anything negative about CYVR in the meantime.  Now I can go back to enjoying one of the many fantastic airport sceneries that I have.

Thanks again!

Robert

ggi

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2013, 11:13:43 am »
I have the texture flickering problem too - but only the terminal building glass, and the airport signs flicker (and the jetway at stand 96). Its a strange one. Ive tried all of the above, I've loaded 2048 and 4096 textures with no difference, I've tried 5m mesh and higher/lower combinations. I have changed AA/trilinear, reflection/shadow options with no change to the flickers. It does look to me like some sort of default scenery is showing through. The surrounding airport and terrain have no texture issues for me. ORBX PNW is installed. I am using P3D v2 which is not yet approved for PNW, so it may be something to do with that, however I have disabled the problem Vancouver files from ORBX.
Great frame rates on P3D2 with your scenery, which looks superb!!! (Except the flickering which is driving me crazy).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 03:17:29 pm »
It does look to me like some sort of default scenery is showing through

If this was the case, you should also see parts of buildings, not just flickering, since default buildings are quite different from the FSDT ones, if there was some default scenery visible, you should have seen it.

ggi

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 10:18:15 pm »
The central part of the Vancouver terminal glass does not flicker - just the extensions. Umberto, I will attempt to make a video of the screen to let you see what I get. It must be impossible to find a cure for something you don't have happening to your own test rigs!! The other issue is it's obviously nothing to do with the CYVR scenery, and it doesn't affect the windows of the central part of the terminal, so what is different about the legs? And is there a file somewhere thats causing the flicker on my GTX680? And can I delete it - whatever it is? I will PM you once I get the video made. Thanks for looking at it!!

ggi

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013, 09:04:08 am »
This just gets stranger. I use P3Dv2 and because there are currently issues with the P3D2 menu loading on some nVidia cards, my default flight loads and starts at another airport/region. When moving to and loading CYVR I get the flickering window textures. However when I load a new flight with CYVR saved as the default starting point, there are no flickers....
 ???

ggi

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2013, 11:34:10 pm »
Solved the glass flickering problem.  :)  The ORBX PNW scenery was affecting the glass textures in the Vancouver scenery, even with the scenery disabled in P3D. Removing the PNW files completely from the drive has cured the flickers. I will wait until an official P3D2 installer is produced by ORBX and will reinstall then.

JakeEyre

Re: Texture ground Flickering **SOLVED**
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2014, 12:06:22 am »
I was getting this in a fresh install of P3dV2 with FSDT CYVR. I have no EZCA or OPUS. I have no additional sceneries except FTX Global for P3Dv2

Go to ~(install dir)\scenery\world\scenery and change the suffix of CYVR_AP_alt.bgl to .OFF

Fixed.

squalo111

Re: Texture ground Flickering **SOLVED**
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2014, 01:11:34 pm »
Just uninstalling CYVR previous version and installing the new version 1.1 with the full installer, not using updater alone:
fixed for me