Author Topic: Texture ground Flickering **SOLVED**  (Read 56781 times)

nevetrek

Re: Texture ground Flickering
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 01:41:25 am »
Thank you for the suggest, now, GSX are full out !
I delete CYVR
I delete GSX
I delete Coalty
I delete Addon manager

I rĂ©instal standallone manager and coualty  vers 2.9... all are good, ctrl shift F12 are come back for a menu about your other airports but if I trie instal again CYVR or GSX, that's the same ... ctrl shift F12 not run !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 01:51:11 am »
If GSX is working elsewhere, it should work at CYVR too. Have you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager just now ? Because, we had a small fix about an hour ago, that might affect GSX and should be fixed now. No need to re-download anything, just RUN the installer Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

nevetrek

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 07:55:11 pm »
O.K., GSX problem after CYVR are solved for me now.  :)

For the Flickering ... I put some files about ORBX on "Off" and 1 default FSX file also and it seems to work well.
30 fps, and just very rarely one flickering now in each view .

For the ORBX file, I put on "OFF" some files (  see this discussed,  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7843.0 )
And also in the Microsoft flight Simulator X/scenery/NAMW/Scenery
If you have one file name vancouv.bgl with a different date creation versus your other default file ... also, rename it on "off" for disable it (vancouv.off) ... and make a test !
For me, that's OK Now !
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:02:13 pm by nevetrek »

t4murphy

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 08:06:09 am »
I have the same issue with KDFW with the flickering and CYVR but it seems trivial to me since the scenery runs smoothly.

Manta

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 08:59:06 am »
I have a flickering problem too.
Difficult to make a screenshot maybe you could take a look at the video.
www.creppel.de/Bilder/cyvr.mp4
What can cause this?

Hi Chris,

I have the same problem as you, I wish to have it in top down only, sadly it happens in virtual cockpit also. I have yet to find a solution.

Manta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 09:46:32 am »
If you see flickering on ground in top-down view, it's normal and it's the same with all our past sceneries starting from KDFW. If you see flickering on ground in normal flying view, that's more likely another scenery in conflict.

epos

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:55 pm »
I have the same flickering problem, it appears in cockpit and tail view, but not in spot and 2D cockpit view. I made the following test:

tryed different aircraft (standard and payware)
tryed disabling ORBX North America
tryed DX9 (I usually run FSX in DX10)
runned scenery scanner but no conflicts appear in Vancouver airport
cancelled ORBX files as advised in another thread
checked mesh installed, I have many NextMap Pro mesh but only California in USA and nothing in Canada
checked mesh settings in FSX and they are correct (5 and 100)
The only other scenery addon I have beside ORBX are GEX and UTX, plus I use Active Sky airport textures.

I think it's an elevation problem because when I enable the progressive taxi, the arrows are not visible, but they appear sometimes in transparency just under the ground.

Beside that, thank you Umberto for this great airport and I can understand how hard must be for you to help all of us solving these problems which I think are not caused by your addon.

tod

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 02:37:13 am »
I have the exact same problem as described by Epos hence not starting a new thread. The difference is that I do not run Vancouver Plus 3 or GEX or UTX. I only have ORBX PNW but I removed all afcad files associated with YVR as well as the FSX default afcad just in case. The flickering and tearing is only visible in 3D main VC mode, but as soon as I cycle the cockpit view by hitting "A" on my keyboard (I use EZDok) to the next VC mode, the flickering / tearing disappears and the scenery behaves normally. So I can live with this temporary solution. Needless to say in 2D mode, no tearing or flickering as described by other posts. Very strange as I have not encountered this problem with any other FSDT sceneries. Hopefully there will be an answer to resolve this. Apart from that, this scenery is top notch and the FPS is much better than expected and I also Thank You FSDT for this wonderful scenery.  ;D
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 12:31:17 pm »
The flickering and tearing is only visible in 3D main VC mode, but as soon as I cycle the cockpit view by hitting "A" on my keyboard (I use EZDok) to the next VC mode, the flickering / tearing disappears and the scenery behaves normally.

It's possible the problem is caused by EZDok, I've noticed a similar issue with Opus FSX, which also creates its own camera views. I can see flickering too, but ONLY in the camera view created by Opus, not the standard ones.

I'll check better if it's possible to fix this.

epos

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:28 pm »
I uninstalled OPUS (don't use EZCA anymore) and tryed again but the flickering in cockpit view is still present.
I attached a picture which shows how sometimes the progressive taxi arrows appear under the surface.
I know it seems an elevation conflict, but I can't figure out what can cause it, even because I've just made a fresh FSX reinstall and so I remember what addon I have installed.
Thanks again for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:53 pm »
I attached a picture which shows how sometimes the progressive taxi arrows appear under the surface.

Progressive taxi doesn't really work in any of our latest sceneries. Not always, but in general is not reliable.

curt1

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 02:13:17 am »
The flickering and tearing is only visible in 3D main VC mode, but as soon as I cycle the cockpit view by hitting "A" on my keyboard (I use EZDok) to the next VC mode, the flickering / tearing disappears and the scenery behaves normally.

It's possible the problem is caused by EZDok, I've noticed a similar issue with Opus FSX, which also creates its own camera views. I can see flickering too, but ONLY in the camera view created by Opus, not the standard ones.

I'll check better if it's possible to fix this.

I have the flickering, and am also using the EZdok camera.  On my descent into the airport, my flickering is constant UNTIL I get to 800 ft. AGL.  At that altitude, the flickering stops completely and everything is perfectly fine through the landing and taxi.

markjans

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »
I have the flickering, and am also using the EZdok camera.  On my descent into the airport, my flickering is constant UNTIL I get to 800 ft. AGL.  At that altitude, the flickering stops completely and everything is perfectly fine through the landing and taxi.

The same behaviour occurs on my system. I am an EZdok user too. The flickering disappears when switching to a default view using the "A" key. Deleting various files as stated in this topic did not solve or affect the issue in my case.

Mark

krwynn

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 06:31:04 am »
I'm having the same issue but am not using ezdok. No other Canada files other than UTX and GEX.
Freeware Developer - FSX Pompeii Italy and Mount Vesuvius

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:25 am »
I'm sorry, but I can only confirm the flickering will appear when using products that creates custom camera views (es. Opus, EZdok) and this *might* be fixed on our side, not 100% sure because it might be a limitation of the FSX camera system, but if there's something that can be fixed, we can only fix it from our side.

AND, there will be flickering if you use Top-down view or other far-away views like tower view.

But if you are having flickering in standard VC or 2D views, and you have the Mesh settings and Complexity as indicated on the manual (note they should be at *that* setting of 5m/pixel not less, but even not more), then it's something caused by another scenery.