Author Topic: Some buildings of the airport not showing when starting a flight **SOLVED**  (Read 31669 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So if I get a new graphics card will it possibly fix the disappearing buildings problem?

Since the vast majority of users don't have any problems, especially not as you reported them ( *randomly* missing buildings, usually it's either all visible or it's nothing visible ), I think you will fix the problem.

But you shouldn't think you are required to change your graphic card just because our products, your *entire* flight sim will benefit greatly from a new card, compared to the one you have now.

I suggest something good but not necessarily hi-end, like the GeForce 770 or the 780, as you can see, they are in the sweet spot between price and performances:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-8.html

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
I'm not saying its impossible but it will be hard to get a new video card because I only have a PSU of 220W and most "good" graphics cards need a PSU of 400-500W.

I recall in an older computer I was able to run CYVR perfectly for some reason and the thing is that this computer is way better than my old one, I was actually running it(my old  computer) at about 3-5 fps in a default aircraft.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:29:31 pm by F-OHPM »

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
Re:
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »
It happens to me too, same simptoms, I see it mostly on cyvr, bu again it happens on all other airports by fsdt and flightbeam that I have, not always but it does, where a part of the terminal or a complete building won't appear. They reappear if I move closer to them. So you are clearly not the only one. I just learned to live with it :-)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
Do you know the system specifications for your PC? It could help this problem.

Two other things when restarting couatl while reading my task manager the "Disk" jumps to 100% when loading or restarting couatl could this contribute to the problem? GPU temp's also stay at around 65'C when restarting. I also read that the shader's for the 8400HD version ins 5.0, is it any good?

I'm currenty still considering a new graphics card, but its a risk because it might not fix the problem. It could also bottleneck my PC at the same time making it almost no faster than my old GPU therefore a waste of $200-300.

There was also a time when I reinstalled addon manager's latest update but for some reason couatl(lets say 1) didn't close so there where two open couatl 1 and couatl 2. When restarting couatl, the buildings from couatl 2 stayed on(couatl 1 buildings dissapeared) but there was only a small pack of buildings and coincidentally it was the missing buildings without help from the 2nd couatl it wouldn't have displayed. There was no conflicting buildings, or textures, (just the missing buildings) and performance didn't decrease or increase.. There is no way I could recreate this situation but two coualt engines running seemed to have fixed it somehow.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:27:16 pm by F-OHPM »

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re:
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2014, 11:00:06 pm »
Two other things when restarting couatl while reading my task manager the "Disk" jumps to 100% when loading or restarting couatl could this contribute to the problem? GPU temp's also stay at around 65'C when restarting. I also read that the shader's for the 8400HD version ins 5.0, is it any good?

I'm currenty still considering a new graphics card, but its a risk because it might not fix the problem. It could also bottleneck my PC at the same time making it almost no faster than my old GPU therefore a waste of $200-300.

I'll say it again, for the last time. That card is NOT ENOUGH for serious gaming, and FSX and P3D even more, need all the graphic card power you can get, especially for detailed add-on products. The shader version level doesn't say much (FSX uses 2.0 and P3D 4.0), if the card is too slow executing them.

You shouldn't buy it for CYVR, of course, you should buy it because with that card, FSX is on the borderline to be usable.