Author Topic: CYVR OOM when using PMDG NGX and ORBX PNW  (Read 92755 times)

rsvette12

Re: CYVR OOM when using PMDG NGX and ORBX PNW
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 08:00:59 pm »

Andrew737

Regards Andrew

DJJose

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:28 pm »
After applying the OOM fix and disabling paging

Hi

I have applied the mr fixit 'fix' but can you explain what you mean AND how you disable paging please?

Thank you

Andrew
Andrew,

I see a member has provided a link for disabling paging. If you have an SSD, try it.

OOM error fix can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246

I also lowered my settings to ensure that I can fly the NGX.

bdub24

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 10:39:50 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks for your help/ suggestions.

Bryan

MrSpeaker

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 01:55:26 am »
I would bet all these oom are only affecting users that have their LOD to high, I have mine set at 5.5 and have never seen an OOM.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

keino333

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 06:09:52 am »
I've had to not activate AS2012 to populate the sky with REX-E clouds.  I've found that it does not play nicely... all others are on
FTX- PNW
Airbus x extended
Kors
NGX
no HD or forced 4096 textures

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:47:57 pm by virtuali »

pete_auau

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:38 pm »
Hi Umberto,

first thank you for this wonderful Scenery! The departure over the city northwards into the mountains is just magnificent.

Im also using the NGX and PNW and have also the OOM problems. Departures are no problem - but approaching can be a problem. Looking at the taskmanager "processes" Mermory column - FSX takes about 2.300 K over the city of Vancouver - then i get about 10miles to CYVR and i get the "load-freeze" (about 3-5sec) and teh load jumps to 3.100-3.400. Continuing the apprroach i get OOM warnings, i can disregards them and continue - unfortunatelly the water turns black and the ground tiles dont load (But still better than a CTD).

But something is strange. Looking at the taskmanager i get the warnings and OOM messages at about 3.200-3.500 K. Having Win7 64 i though a 32-application can take 4gigs of Ram /I would assume 4.000 K in the taskmanager). Or am i looking at the wrong indications?

Maybe you could shed some light on that, until i will use CYVR just as my departure airport.

kind regards,

chris

Yep  iam the  same  as  you still trying to  figure  what settings  i need to be able  to land  at cyvr  tried  different  aircraft  tried  the  qw146   still got  the oom as  the ngx, next  going  to try  the js4100   see  how that handles   it,   departures   as  same  as  you   can depart  with no problems  at all  (Flights  are between ksea  and  cyvr  for  testing)

markjans

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 05:42:33 pm »
Everything good and well, but I see many (most?) users reporting OOM issues, including myself. I surely believe that everything was tested but it can't be the case that we've bought an unusable airport if we want to use it in combination with commonly used addons like the NGX and ORBX.

As other users also stated, we never had these OOM issues at any other airport. It's not fair to tell people to lower their texture size (the manual emphasizes to set it to HD!) or not use ORBX anymore.

So far, I haven't seen a solution that really works for everyone.

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »
I surely believe that everything was tested but it can't be the case that we've bought an unusable airport if we want to use it in combination with commonly used addons like the NGX and ORBX.

As I've said already to another user, which after my explanation got my point, it's just wrong to automatically assume the "commonly used addons" automatically means the newest product arrived should RESTRAIN in detail, just because there's are already many other products that use lots of memory and someone might want to use them all together at the same time in the same place.

If you bought CYVR today without having the NGX, you wouldn't get ANY OOM, because you would immediately save 800MB, which is more than what CYVR takes. If you decided to buy the NGX the next month, you might start seeing OOMs, then which one is to blame ? You would get the impression the newly purchased airplane broken an airport which was otherwise working very well and it still works with "any other airplane".

I'm sorry, but it's nobody's fault if there are many addons to choose from, and FSX only supports up to 4GB. The only real problem here, is the unfortunate situation we are in, with no short term hope to have a 64-bit FSX, since LM said it will be very complex to port P3D to 64 bit, and they are probably the only ones that can do that.

Let's assume this reasoning that you don't accept either to stop using many addons together, and you don't accept to lower your settings either, which is of course agains the cold hard fact that a certain point your 4GB WILL end, you know what will happen in a few months/years, if you continue to use this kind of reasoning ?

You will not be able to purchase or add ANYTHING anymore, because the more pre-existing stuff you have on the market, which will then fall into the "commonly used addons", the less memory you have for a NEW product, because if this year your FSX config starts at 3.2GB, the next year, if you keep adding things which you pretend to use, all together, without any limitation, your FSX will start maybe at 3.8GB, so ANY scenery added in such situation, even the smallest one, will NOT fit in memory, and you'll blame that poor future scenery developer, that maybe took great care to make a scenery that takes half size of a current one...

As other users also stated, we never had these OOM issues at any other airport. It's not fair to tell people to lower their texture size (the manual emphasizes to set it to HD!) or not use ORBX anymore.

First, nobody said to stop using OrbX which, even if it obviously has an impact, it's not the largest one. We offered many choices, that don't involve stopping using anything, which are:

- Try to use DX10, this will immediately save you about 300MB

- Turn off HD textures

- Lower your settings, especially the scenery radius

You don't have to do everything: you can CHOOSE which solution to use. OR, you lower other settings, OR you simply don't fly with a certain airplane there.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:12:33 pm by virtuali »

viperxbr

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 08:35:33 pm »
I just want to remind everyone that DX10 is a 'preview' setting and has a lot of glitches.  While it may help with CYVR, you'll probably experience issues with many other addons.

Consider it a "band-aid" solution for CYVR but you'll most likely will have switch back to DX9, which is what FSX is based upon, and figure out alternate solution(through FSX tweaks/settings) for your OOM errors with CYVR.

You're pretty much guaranteed compatibility with all FSX software in DX9 mode.

Cheers!
Todd.
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »
I just want to remind everyone that DX10 is a 'preview' setting and has a lot of glitches.  While it may help with CYVR, you'll probably experience issues with many other addons.

And many of them are being fixed

Have you actually *read* my explanation ?

We ARE compatible with ALL FSX software in DX9 mode!! Switching to DX10 it's just ONE of the SEVERAL options you have available, but that's not obviously the only one.  You can lower your settings, you can use different airplane, you can turn OFF HD textures, you can choose not to use so much stuff all together. You have several option.

Pretending your memory it's "infinite", when it's not, and pretending that ANY new addon will magically fit into this limit and they all keep working together at the same time, forever, just doesn't make any sense.

And it's not I'm saying you can't use addons or this scenery works only with default stuff. As I've indicated in my test, CYVR+PMDG+UT2 at 100% is still well below safe memory limits, even in DX9 with HD textures ON.

viperxbr

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 09:13:28 pm »
I just want to remind everyone that DX10 is a 'preview' setting and has a lot of glitches.  While it may help with CYVR, you'll probably experience issues with many other addons.

And many of them are being fixed

Have you actually *read* my explanation ?

We ARE compatible with ALL FSX software in DX9 mode!! Switching to DX10 it's just ONE of the SEVERAL options you have available, but that's not obviously the only one.  You can lower your settings, you can use different airplane, you can turn OFF HD textures, you can choose not to use so much stuff all together. You have several option.

Pretending your memory it's "infinite", when it's not, and pretending that ANY new addon will magically fit into this limit and they all keep working together at the same time, forever, just doesn't make any sense.

And it's not I'm saying you can't use addons or this scenery works only with default stuff. As I've indicated in my test, CYVR+PMDG+UT2 at 100% is still well below safe memory limits, even in DX9 with HD textures ON.

Easy Umberto....  I'm on your side here.  I know this is a sticky subject.  I've read everything about it.  I have all of the addons stated above(minus Vancouver+) with CYVR and I have it working fine in DX9.

I just want to make sure everyone else knows what may result for other addons on the market when using DX10 preview mode.  Probably not the best option in the grand scheme of things.  IMHO, DX9 would be the better route to take and then tweak all other settings until resolved.

Note:  Very nice scenery btw!  Well done!

Todd.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:18:24 pm by viperxbr »
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

yycvor

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 10:35:49 pm »
DX9 with NGX, ORBX, UT2, REX+E textures, ActiveSky 2012.  OOM'ed in about 4 seconds, on a i7-2600k, 8gb, GTX680ti setup.  Seems activesky is whats pushing it over the max for me.

Coming from a loyal and proud user of previous FSDT products, This scenery was the one I was looking forward to the most expecially residing in western canada. I must say from what I have been able to see that this is fantastic scenery, its just a shame I cant have my cake, and eat it too.  :(

viperxbr

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 12:36:08 am »
DX9 with NGX, ORBX, UT2, REX+E textures, ActiveSky 2012.  OOM'ed in about 4 seconds, on a i7-2600k, 8gb, GTX680ti setup.  Seems activesky is whats pushing it over the max for me.

Coming from a loyal and proud user of previous FSDT products, This scenery was the one I was looking forward to the most expecially residing in western canada. I must say from what I have been able to see that this is fantastic scenery, its just a shame I cant have my cake, and eat it too.  :(

Few things I did to resolve the OOM's in this area:

-use 1024 for cloud resolution (ActiveSky or REX).

-set maximum texture size in your FSX.cfg to 2048.
[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

-make sure your LOD is set to 4.50 (I had 6.50 which increases video mem. consumption, therefore VAS (virtual address space) consumption)
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

-"Autogen Density" set to Dense and "Water Effects" set to no higher than High 2.x.

I too have CYVR, PNW, REX+E Textures, AS2012 Weather, NGX and GEX.  With these settings above and doing circuits off of RWY 08L in the NGX with overcast rainy conditions(worst case scenario) in full screen mode, the maximum VAS being consumed by FSX is around 2.89Gb.  Red line for me is around 3.4Gb.

Give it a try.

Todd.
Thanks,
Todd.

Andrew737

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 12:50:13 am »

I wonder if anyone (probably they are) is running AS over a network - would be interesting to see if doing this helps?

Please excuse my ignorance in if this is a naive question  :)

It would be interesting to know though

Regards

Andrew
Regards Andrew